The Education Council and Committees oversee the development and implementation of CME activities and as such volunteers must adhere to The Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. Per these requirements, owners, executives and employees of ineligible companies (formerly known as commercial interest) are considered to have unresolvable financial relationships and must be excluded from participating as planners or faculty. These individuals cannot influence or control any aspect of the planning, delivery, or evaluation of accredited continuing education, except in the limited circumstances outlined in Standard 3.2. All volunteers involved as planners or faculty will be required to disclose all financial relationships within the prior 24 months.
Implement the strategic priorities for online education and professional development defined by the Education Council.The committee is to:
- Work with the Education Council to analyze proposals for educational program for enduring and live programs and develop plans to implement those programs.
- Build collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders representing all aspects of the vascular team to develop educational programming in support of the education mission.
- In collaboration with the SVS Education Council, provide ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the SVS education curriculum of online educational programs.
- Provide high-level oversight of ACCME and ABMS accreditation requirements within the development process of education programs.
- Oversee the development and reporting of needs assessment, gap analysis and outcome documentation for educational programming.
|April Boyd, MD – Chair||Yana Etkin, MD|
|Christopher Abularrage, MD - Vice-Chair||Arash Fereydooni|
|Ravi Narendra Ambani, MD, MBA||Natasha Hansraj, MD|
|Margaret Arnold, MD||Michael Malinowski, MD|
|Carlos Bechara, MD||Silviu Marica, MD|
|Mina Boutrous, MD||Raghu Motaganahalli, MD|
|Jonathan Cardella, MD||Maham Rahimi, MD, PhD|
|Kathryn Lambeth DiLosa||Jacob Schwartzman, MD|
|Julie Duke, MD, RPVI||Gabriela Velazquez-Ramirez, MD|
If you have any questions regarding this committee, please contact: Lisa Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org