You are here
The SVS Education Council is to:
- Oversee SVS programs for continuing education for practicing vascular surgeons as the primary audience, with secondary audiences in the health care industry who have an interest in the science and treatment of vascular disease.
- Identify new educational initiatives and opportunities for collaboration based on evaluation of needs as well as innovative educational methodologies.
- Oversee activities of the reporting committees and provide updates to the Executive Board.
- Annually review education sections of Vascular Web and advise staff on content.
- Annually conduct a review of the SVS CME Program; the year’s CME activities and program evaluations are evaluated and action plans are formulated.
The Education Committee is to:
- Implement the strategic priorities for online education and professional development defined by the Education Council.
- Work with the Education Council to analyze proposals for educational program for enduring and live programs and develop plans to implement those programs.
- Build collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders representing all aspects of the vascular team to develop educational programming in support of the education mission.
- In collaboration with the SVS Education Council, provide ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the SVS education curriculum of online educational programs.
- Provide high-level oversight of ACCME and ABMS accreditation requirements within the development process of education programs.
- Oversee the development and reporting of needs assessment, gap analysis and outcome documentation for educational programming.
Christopher J. Abularrage
|Leadership Development Committee|
The Leadership Development Committee is to:
- Identify and recruit future SVS leaders and to develop leadership skills of current and future leaders.
|Postgraduate Education Committee|
The committee is to:
- Identify, develop, direct and assess postgraduate education relevant to the SVS membership in advancing the practice, curricula and scope of practice in vascular surgery.
The committee's charge is to:
- Provide new science, surgical techniques and practice in vascular surgery through the Vascular Annual Meeting.
|Resident and Student Outreach Committee|
The RSOC is to:
- Develop SVS programs to encourage medical students and residents to consider a career in vascular surgery and continue to engage the next generation of vascular surgeons in the Society, including planning for the Resident and Student program at the Vascular Annual Meeting.
Jason Q. Alexander
|VAM Video Committee|
This committee is to:
- Oversee scientific video presentations for the Vascular Annual Meeting.