The Education Council and Committees oversee the development and implementation of CME activities and as such volunteers must adhere to The Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. Per these requirements, owners, executives and employees of ineligible companies (formerly known as commercial interest) are considered to have unresolvable financial relationships and must be excluded from participating as planners or faculty. These individuals cannot influence or control any aspect of the planning, delivery, or evaluation of accredited continuing education, except in the limited circumstances outlined in Standard 3.2. All volunteers involved as planners or faculty will be required to disclose all financial relationships within the prior 24 months.
The council is to:
- Oversee SVS programs for continuing education for practicing vascular surgeons as the primary audience, with secondary audiences in the health care industry who have an interest in the science and treatment of vascular disease.
- Identify new educational initiatives and opportunities for collaboration based on evaluation of needs as well as innovative educational methodologies.
- Oversee activities of the reporting committees and provide updates to the Executive Board.
- Annually review education sections of Vascular Web and advise staff on content.
- Annually conduct a review of the SVS CME Program; the year’s CME activities and program evaluations are evaluated and action plans are formulated.
|Linda Harris, MD - Chair||Vikram Kashyap, MD|
|Kellie Brown, MD - Vice-Chair||Daniel McDevitt, MD|
|Bernadette Aulivola, MD||David Rigberg, MD|
|April Boyd, MD||William Robinson, MD|
|Jayer Chung, MD||Andres Schanzer, MD|
|Chelsea Dorsey, MD||Palma Shaw, MD|
|Audra Duncan, MD||M. Sheehan, MD|
|Katherine Gallagher, MD||Michael Singh, MD|
|Manuel Garcia-Toca, MD||Sunita Srivastava, MD|
If you have any questions regarding this committee, please contact: Lisa Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org