You are here
SVS Health and Vitality
- Engage independent auditors
- Oversee audit
- Review results of audit and present to SVS Board of Directors
Nilesh M. Balar - Chair
|Keith D. Calligaro |
E. John Harris
|Benjamin W. Starnes|
Patrick S. Vaccaro
- Oversee strategy development for consistent outreach to key audiences, including members, prospective members, referring physicians, medical students/residents, patients and news/media and rapid response needs
- Align communications with organizational strategic priorities and ensure coordination amongst all channels
- Serve an integrative communications function across all entities of the SVS including SVS, SVSF, PAC and PSO
Amy Reed - Chair
|Conflict of Committment and Professional Conduct Committee|
Oversee compliance with SVS Guidelines for Industry Support and SVS COI Policy. The Committee shall be responsible for impartially investigating charges of unprofessional conduct brought by members against other members, and recommending disciplinary actions, when appropriate, to the Executive Board.
Conduct may be of any nature, including false advertising, unscrupulous business practices, substance abuse or failure to retain qualifications and fraudulent expert witness testimony.
O. William Brown - Chair
|James H. Black|
Mark K. Eskandari
Keith D. Calligaro
Richard A. Lynn
|Michael J. Rohrer|
Vincent L. Rowe
Britt H. Tonnessen
Joe K. Wells
|Corporate Development Committee|
The overarching corporate relations strategy is to engage industry partners individually and collectively to determine what is important to our partners and align their needs with the SVS’ strategic initiatives/programmatic opportunities (mission work) for support.
Sam Money - Chair
|Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee|
- Develop and sustain a set of DEI measures that can be utilized to evaluate progress on key metrics and initiatives.
- Determine the need for organizational policies and positions to align DEI initiatives.
- Continue to study and evaluate inequities in the vascular surgery career trajectory, from training to the workplace to vascular society engagement and leadership, such as those associated with gender, race, ethnicity, age and sexual orientation.
- Develop or review specific proposals for equity, diversity and inclusion projects that can be promulgated or implemented by the SVS and other collaborating partners.
- Assist SVS in developing an overarching strategy to increase awareness about inequities, including tools to encourage diversity in the specialty and to support a diverse workforce with equal opportunities.
Vincent Rowe - Chair
|International Relations Committee|
Oversee SVS relations and activities with international members and international chapters, including development of strategies for promoting and retaining international SVS membership.
Palma Shaw - Chair
Carlos A. Hinojosa
Fernanda Costa Sampaio Silva
Gilbert R. Upchurch
In alignment with the strategic plan, evaluate the vascular surgery landscape to assess gaps and opportunities for the Society to provide relevant and impactful benefits to the membership. Review and evaluate all applications for membership in the Society and make recommendations for membership to the Executive Board.
Afshin M. Molkara - Chair
|Christopher J. Abularrage|
Francis J. Caputo
Shadi Jabr Abu-Halimah
Massimo Mark Napolitano
Vincent L. Rowe
Michael J. Singh
John B. Taggert
|Public and Professional Outreach Committee|
- Review content and provide quotes for media articles.
- Develop strategies for outreach to medical professionals and the public.
- Support SVS role in PR campaigns established by industry and other medical societies.
- Support SVS branding project.
Joseph L. Mills - Chair
James H. Black
Alan M. Dietzek
Daniel K. Han
Mounir J. Haurani
Donna M. Mendes
Benjamin J. Pearce
Vincent L. Rowe
Timur P. Sarac
Benjamin W. Starnes
Gilbert R. Upchurch
Oversees the business affairs of the Society’s print and electronic publications including: Journal of Vascular Surgery and its related journals, Vascular Specialist, Rutherford Textbook, Vascular Trauma Book, VESAP and VascularWeb.
Peter Henke - Chair
|Linda M. Harris|
Karen J. Ho
Christopher J. Kwolek
Gregory J. Landry
|Meryl L. Logan|
Glenn M. LaMuraglia
Mohamed A. Zayed
|SVS Foundation Development Committee|
Develop and execute fundraising strategies for the SVS Foundation..
Peter Nelson - Chair
|Social Media Subcommittee|
- Develop engagement strategy to increase followers and amplification of SVS, Foundation and PAC messaging
- Expand current metrics and tracking
- Provide consultation to staff on social content as required
- Develop approval flow to ensure timely publication of communications
- Social Channels include: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube
Meryl Logan - Chair
- Ensure website redesign and overhaul project stays on track and representative voices from SVS, Foundation and PAC are included in process
- In conjunction with staff and website vendor, rollout new website launch plan scheduled for VAM 2021
- Provide ongoing consultation to staff on clinical web content development and updates, as required
- Develop approval flow to ensure timely publication of regular web updates
Paul Crisostomo - Chair