You are here
SVS Health and Vitality
- Engages independent auditors
- Oversees audit
- Reviews results of audit and present to SVS Board of Directors
- Oversees strategy development for consistent outreach to key audiences, including members, prospective members, referring physicians, medical students/residents, patients and news/media and rapid response needs
- Aligns communications with organizational strategic priorities and ensure coordination amongst all channels
- Serves an integrative communications function across all entities of the SVS including SVS, SVSF, PAC and PSO
|Conflict of Commitment and Professional Conduct Committee|
- Oversees compliance with SVS Guidelines for Industry Support and SVS COI Policy. The Committee shall be responsible for impartially investigating charges of unprofessional conduct brought by members against other members and recommending disciplinary actions, when appropriate, to the Executive Board.
Conduct may be of any nature, including false advertising, unscrupulous business practices, substance abuse or failure to retain qualifications and fraudulent expert witness testimony.
|Corporate Development Committee|
- The overarching corporate relations strategy is to engage industry partners individually and collectively to determine what is important to our partners and align their needs with the SVS’ strategic initiatives/programmatic opportunities (mission work) for support.
|Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee|
- Develops and sustain a set of DEI measures that can be utilized to evaluate progress on key metrics and initiatives.
- Determines the need for organizational policies and positions to align DEI initiatives.
- Continues to study and evaluate inequities in the vascular surgery career trajectory, from training to the workplace to vascular society engagement and leadership, such as those associated with gender, race, ethnicity, age and sexual orientation.
- Develops or reviews specific proposals for equity, diversity and inclusion projects that can be promulgated or implemented by the SVS and other collaborating partners.
- Assists SVS in developing an overarching strategy to increase awareness about inequities, including tools to encourage diversity in the specialty and to support a diverse workforce with equal opportunities.
|Health IT Committee|
|International Relations Committee|
- Oversees SVS relations and activities with international members and international chapters, including development of strategies for promoting and retaining international SVS membership.
- In alignment with the strategic plan, evaluates the vascular surgery landscape to assess gaps and opportunities for the Society to provide relevant and impactful benefits to the membership.
- Reviews and evaluates all applications for membership in the Society and makes recommendations for membership to the Executive Board.
Shadi Jabr Abu-Halimah
|Public and Professional Outreach Committee|
- Reviews content and provides quotes for media articles.
- Develops strategies for outreach to medical professionals and the public.
- Supports SVS role in PR campaigns established by industry and other medical societies.
- Supports SVS branding project.
- Oversees the business affairs of the Society’s print and electronic publications including: Journal of Vascular Surgery and its related journals, Vascular Specialist, Rutherford Textbook, Vascular Trauma Book, VESAP and VascularWeb.
Glenn M. LaMuraglia
|SVS Foundation Development Committee|
- Develops and executes fundraising strategies for the SVS Foundation.
|Social Media Subcommittee|
- Develops engagement strategy to increase followers and amplification of SVS, Foundation and PAC messaging
- Expands current metrics and tracking
- Provides consultation to staff on social content as required
- Develops approval flow to ensure timely publication of communications
Social Channels include: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube
- Ensures website redesign and overhaul project stays on track and representative voices from SVS, Foundation and PAC are included in process
- In conjunction with staff and website vendor, will roll out new website launch plan scheduled for VAM 2021
- Provides ongoing consultation to staff on clinical web content development and updates, as required
- Develops approval flow to ensure timely publication of regular web updates