Transforming vascular health through research, innovation and comprehensive care.
Explore our resources for patients and healthcare professionals to learn more about vascular health care and find a specialist with expert training near you.
ACS and SVS Release Standards for Outpatient Vascular Care
The American College of Surgeons (ACS), with the Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS), has released new standards for outpatient vascular centers to help them provide optimal care and treatment of patients receiving vascular surgical and procedural care.
These new standards are part of the Vascular Verification Program (Vascular-VP). The standards provide the requirements necessary for outpatient vascular centers to achieve and maintain verification for their vascular programs.
CME Credit Process Update
The American Board of Surgery (ABS) Will Discontinue the CME Credit Self-Claiming Process for Diplomates on July 1, 2023. Act now so you don't lose earned CME credits.
ABS recently made changes to its CME processes, which impact the way that Diplomates interact with the Board, upload CME credits, and meet Certification requirements. SVS is committed to complying with the new rules and making your ability to claim credit as seamless as possible, however, we are still in the process of aligning our systems to meet these new requirements. To ensure all your CME credits earned with SVS are transferred to the ABS, follow the steps outlined on our webpage.
Latest Publications from SVS
Vascular Specialist: September 2023 Edition
In this issue:
- When women are PIs: A story foretold on the vascular frontlines
- SVS members rally to respond to CMS carotid stenting coverage expansion proposal
- Guest Editorial: Arthur E. Palamara, MD, on “Expiation, Karl Wallenda, Oppenheimer and us”
- SVS calls on members to participate in financial compensation survey—and help bolster results
- Elections: The SVS Executive Board breaks down the demographics