You are here
SVS General Surgery Resident Candidate Membership
This Membership provides a platform for general surgery residents to gain access to valuable vascular surgery career resources and promote a network of similarly interested residents. As a SVS General Surgery Resident Candidate Member, you will be able to continue cultivating your interest in vascular surgery, gain valuable contacts in the specialty, and engage in several leadership opportunities.
- Access to an online community of similarly interested residents through SVS Groups on VascularWeb
- Opportunities to network with vascular health leaders via events and mentorship/shadowing
- Increased level of participation in SVS activities, including:
- Leadership opportunities and opportunities make a difference as a member of a SVS Committee
- Invitation to participate in a dedicated task force as part of the SVS Resident and Student Outreach Committee, which provides for several students to be directly involved in current and future educational programming and activities (i.e., Vascular Annual Meeting programming for students, online resources, etc.).
- Dedicated online resources to learn more about the specialty
- Various SVS e-communications: the SVS Pulse, the Future Vascular Surgeons Weekly Newsletter, VAMail, and access to the online editions of Vascular Specialist
- Special discounts on books, products, and courses (i.e., VESAP3) sold on VascularWeb
A graduate of a medical school in the United States, Canada, or internationally with a current status as a resident enrolled in a training program focused on general surgery
SVS General Surgery Resident Candidate Members pay a one-time US$25 fee for the duration of their general surgery residency.
The term of General Surgery Resident Candidate Members shall be limited to the duration of their respective training, i.e., completion of a surgical residency program.
If a resident member is accepted into an ACGME and Canadian accredited vascular surgery training program, they are automatically enrolled as a Vascular Surgery Trainee Candidate Member through their training program.
Accepted on a rolling basis. A new application process will be available later this summer; please check back then to submit your application.
For more information, call 800-258-7188 or email email@example.com.