Active membership and recognition as a Fellow of the Society for Vascular Surgery™ (FSVS™) may be granted to vascular surgeons residing in the United States or Canada who have demonstrated knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and management of vascular disorders. Dues for Active membership are $716 annually.
Early Active members will be transitioned automatically to full Active membership once they have been board certified and maintained Early Active membership for at least two years. Board-Certified Early Active members are eligible to transition to full Active membership before these two years upon request. Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
- Vote in SVS elections and help to determine the future of the society
- Inclusion in the popular Find a Specialist referral service
- Use of the FSVS, Fellow of the Society for Vascular Surgery, professional designation
- Access to an online community of young vascular surgeons. Click here to join the discussion
- SVS Branding Toolkit, with access to customizable branding tools to help you communicate your role in comprehensive vascular care
- Receive a complimentary subscription to the Journal of Vascular Surgery and the Journal of Vascular Surgery: Venous and Lymphatic Disorders.
- Receive discounts on books, products and courses (i.e. VESAP5) offered by the Society
- Access to the SVS Job Bank
- Opportunity to network with vascular health leaders via events and mentorship opportunities
- Gain leadership opportunities and make a difference as a member of an SVS Committee
- Receive various SVS e-communications:
- SVS Pulse
- Vascular Trainee Monthly Newsletter
- VAMail e-newsletter
How to apply
Membership applications are now reviewed on a rolling basis.
With your application you must include the names and contact information of two physicians who sponsor of your application, Two letters of support from physicians are required for non-board certified applications and optional for board-certified members. The letters must comment on your commitment to, and practice of, vascular surgery. It is your responsibility to obtain their letters and submit them accordingly.
A curriculum vitae is also required.
Apply by PDF
In addition to the PDF application form, applicants are required to submit an up-to-date curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clinical practice in vascular surgery but not board-certified in the specialty
In addition to the PDF application form, applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation (one must be from an SVS Active Member) and an up-to-date curriculum vitae to email@example.com.
Completed applications are shared with the Membership Committee for review. The names of applicants are also sent to the membership of the SVS for comments and recommendations.
The Membership Committee provides the SVS Board of Directors with recommended applicants for board and membership approval on a quarterly basis.
Any applicant who is not extended membership may reapply in subsequent quarters. A new application must be submitted, including two new letters of sponsorship.
Please contact the membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-334-2313.