You are here
SVS Medical Student Membership
The Society for Vascular Surgery® (SVS) Medical Student Membership provides a platform for medical students to gain access to valuable vascular surgery career resources and promote a network of similarly interested students.
As a SVS Medical Student Member, you will be able to continue cultivating your interest in vascular surgery, gain valuable contacts in the specialty, and engage in several leadership opportunities.
To Become a Member
Step 2. Return to this page and click here to begin your application
NEW: SVSConnect, our member-exclusive, online community has launched! Click here to join the discussion
- Opportunity to network with vascular health leaders via events and mentorship/shadowing opportunities
- Increased level of participation in SVS activities
- Leadership opportunities and opportunities make a difference as a member of a SVS Committee
- Invitation to participate in a dedicated task force as part of the SVS Resident and Student Outreach Committee, which provides for several students to be directly involved in current and future educational programming and activities (i.e. Vascular Annual Meeting programming for students, online resources, etc.).
- Dedicated online resources to learn more about the specialty
- Various SVS e-communications: the SVS Pulse, the Future Vascular Surgeons Weekly Newsletter, and VAMail.
- Special discounts on books, products and courses (i.e. VESAP5) sold on VascularWeb
- Access to our social media sites
SVS Medical Student Members shall include students from medical schools worldwide.
The term of Medical Student Members shall be limited to the duration of their respective training (i.e. until graduation from medical school).
If a student member continues to a General Surgery Residency Program, they may submit an application for General Surgery Resident Membership.
If a student member continues to an accredited vascular surgery integrated residency program in the United States or Canada, they are automatically enrolled as a Vascular Surgery Trainee Member by their training program.
Accepted on a rolling basis. To submit your application:
Step 2. Return to This Page and click here to begin your application