You are here
NEW: SVSConnect, our member-exclusive, online community has launched! Click here to join the discussion.
NEW: The Society for Vascular Surgery is now offering trademarked professional designations for Active members and Distinguished Fellows.
Whether you are a member of SVS or are thinking about joining, please know that the Society is continuously working to ensure that membership is valuable -- providing education, clout, camaraderie and information, but also the tools that help surgeons and related professionals succeed in their careers and practices. Below are just some of the benefits enjoyed by SVS members.
Membership in the Society for Vascular Surgery isn’t simply an item on your resume. It’s a valuable resource at all stages of your career. You receive:
Community and professional standing
- A professional home for all those involved with circulatory diseases, from those researching the how and why, to those delivering top-quality care
- The professional clout of being part of the largest professional association in the world representing vascular surgeons
- The prestige of using the SVS member logo
- Branding initiatives to target vascular specialists as the experts for the care of circulatory diseases
Publications to keep you in the know
- Peer-reviewed research, science and surgical techniques via the Journal of Vascular Surgery (free for active members, online only for international members; affiliate and senior members pay highly reduced rate)
- Important SVS news, via the electronic newsletter, Pulse; and the monthly Vascular Specialist publication (U.S. only)
Education and networking with thought leaders, at exclusive member pricing
- At meetings: Vascular Annual Meeting, the Vascular Research Initiatives Conference and the Coding & Reimbursement Workshop
- Through educational products including the Vascular Education and Self-Assessment Program
Practice management resources
- Thoroughly researched, evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and reporting standards to facilitate exemplary patient care
- This SVS website, which contains valuable resources for you and your patients including: patient education articles on vascular diseases and treatments, up-to-date information on clinical trials, research opportunities and current medical news
- Access to branding initiatives to develop your practice including: free downloadable Patient care and awareness brochures, press releases and interview guidelines for media promotion
- Consensus documents
- The popular Find a Specialist referral service (active members only)
- Information on the Medicare Quality Payment Program
- The SVS Patient Safety Organization’s Vascular Quality Initiative
Career advancement and the chance to shape the future of vascular surgery, through
- Leadership opportunities, such as service on councils and committees
- For promising vascular surgeons at every stage of their careers
A voice in Washington, D.C.
- Advocacy in decisions that affect members’ lives and livelihoods
- Professional government affairs staff working on your behalf to affect federal legislative and regulatory processes directly related to your practice and patients
Other benefits to enhance your professional career
- The SVS Job Board, with online access to job listings in vascular surgery throughout the country
- Financial services products available at member discounts through the Affinity Program of Expanded Benefits, including
- Disability coverage designed with the vascular surgery subspecialty in mind; many vascular surgeons aren’t adequately covered
- Other financial programs such as ID theft protection, student loan consolidation, and medical liability insurance
- The Kai-Zen program of accelerated retirement funding (see vsweb.org/KaiZenVideo here).
- For more information about any of our Affinity Program benefits, please contact Mark Blocker at email@example.com or 312-291-4472
- SVS members are eligible for specials at the Society’s preferred hotel in downtown Chicago – the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile