Coding and Reimbursement
SVS Coding Committee
The SVS Coding Committee oversees SVS CPT, RUC and ICD coding activities.
- Participates in RUC and CPT Editorial Panel meetings, representing the interests of vascular surgeons.
- Comments on administrative actions such as NCCI edits, national and local coverage decisions.
- Provides content and faculty for SVS education efforts on coding and reimbursement.
- Reviews comments on regulatory issues before they are submitted to CMS.
- Annually reviews coding section of VascularWeb and advise staff on content.
SVS is currently recruiting applicants for four trainee positions to work with SVS coding and reimbursement committee leadership.
- Two positions will focus on the CPT code creation process.
- The other two will learn the RUC relative-value process.
- We expect the trainee positions will last three years.
- The time commitment will require an average of 10 to 20 hours of work per month, plus at least three 3 day meetings per year.
A modest honorarium will be offered in addition to reimbursement of routine travel expenses. Following the three-year training period, SVS expects that dedicated and successful individuals will be able to continue to serve the SVS through the AMA CPT/RUC network.
For more information, contact the Advocacy Team at SVSAdvocacy@vascularsociety.org.
December 2020: SVS Member Named to AMA RUC