There are few advocacy tools more powerful than direct engagement between a constituent and a Member of Congress.
- Elected officials want to hear from their constituents about the issues that are important to them.
- Your Representative and Senators are not experts in vascular care and need to hear from you about policies that impact your practice and your patients.
- The SVS Advocacy Team provides the mechanism and resources for you to easily communicate positions on SVS legislative priorities.
Engaging with your federal lawmakers helps to amplify SVS’ legislative priorities on Capitol Hill. Click here to learn more and send pre-written messages to your specific Members of Congress.
Support SVS Advocacy by Helping Us REACH 535!
To better leverage the importance of engagement between lawmakers and their constituents, the SVS has launched a new grassroots advocacy program—REACH 535. This critical new program will serve a two-fold purpose, by both:
- Connecting SVS members with their lawmakers to establish tangible channels for vascular surgeons to personally advocate on issues that significantly impact their practices and their patients; and
- Establishing a concrete mechanism for the SVS to amplify its advocacy efforts by ensuring we can quickly REACH the 535 decision-makers on Capitol Hill.
To become a REACH 535 key contact, complete the below sign up form to identify your federal lawmakers and assist the SVS Advocacy team in organizing various outreach opportunities. Our goal is to recruit a key contact for each U.S. Senator and House Member to strengthen outreach to federal legislators when Congress debates major healthcare issues.