You are here
New! Membership Applications Now Being Approved Quarterly; March 1 is First 2018 Deadline
In June 2017, the SVS Board of Directors approved bylaw changes that were ratified at the Annual Business Meeting, paving the way to review and approve membership applications throughout the year. These changes were made to improve access, efficiency and service to existing and future SVS members. Beginning in 2018, SVS will now review and approve applications on a quarterly basis – in March, June, September and December.
Membership benefits include professional prestige, legislative advocacy, research opportunities and information, practice tools and resources, discounted registration for educational programs, free publications and networking with members from across the country and the globe. Members also receive access to an expanded program of personal and practice benefits such as group disability insurance and retirement plans reserved for SVS members only. Active members are also enrolled in the "Find A Specialist" referral program used by prospective patients.
Application materials and more information are available at vsweb.org/JoinSVS.
SVS offers involvement for many members of the vascular team. Membership categories are:
- Active: Vascular surgeons in the United States or Canada
- International: Physicians who reside outside North America who would otherwise be qualified for active membership
- Associate: Physicians, such as podiatrists and scientists, who are not vascular surgeons
- Affiliate: Non-physicians interested vascular disease. The new PA section will be within this category.
- Candidate: Medical students, general surgery residents, physicians who are currently accepted to, or enrolled in an accredited vascular surgery residency training program and graduates from a vascular training program who have not obtained their boards or applied for active membership
The SVS is also the management home for the Society for Vascular Nursing. SVN welcomes nurses and nurse practitioners in the vascular setting at many levels and ranges of expertise. For more information, visit svnnet.org.