Leadership Development Program (Cohort 4)
The Leadership Development Program (LDP) is a year-long interactive learning experience for U.S./Canadian vascular surgeons who are five-10 years out of training. A series of webinars, mentoring and a 1.5-day in-person workshop will serve as the curriculum to guide participants as they identify and tackle real-life challenges faced by leaders in vascular surgery.
The aim is for the participants to reach their full potential as leaders and make a positive impact in the specialty, in their workplace and community, and in other areas of importance in their life.
Program content is drawn from the highest quality research on leadership with an intense focus on applying this knowledge to the real-life challenges.
The 2022-2023 application process is now open!
Applications are due Monday, August 22, 2022.
Cohort 4 Dates: September 28, 2022 - June 14-17, 2023
Content highlights include expert guest faculty sessions such as:
- The business and economics of health care
- Decisions in the C-Suite
- The science and physics of leadership
- Daily Strategies to Strengthen Resilience and Avoid Burnout
- Personality styles, leadership styles and emotional intelligence
- Conflict and negotiation
A core faculty of vascular surgeons will develop and deliver customized content such as:
- Leading Self: Modeling the way, building credibility and trust in leadership
- Leading Others: Building and sustaining high-performance teams; encouraging the heart and optimizing motivation
- Leading Change: Inspiring shared vision, challenging the process
- Leading Results: Strategy development and execution
By participating in this CME activity, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize the functional day-to-day behaviors that drive success in leadership.
- Understand the larger context of where physicians lead and can lead most effectively in complex health delivery systems.
- Apply selected leadership behavior in interactive learning scenarios to strengthen individualized learning, i.e., conflict resolution, team, and trust building.
- Apply a renewed passion for working in the profession of medicine, and specialty of vascular surgery.
Applications are due August 22, 2022
A cohort of 25-30 surgeons will be selected.
|SVS Member Price||$975|
The program fee includes all materials and events related to the program. Participants will be responsible for flights and hotels to attend in-person meetings and the Vascular Annual Meeting.
Not an SVS member? Join today and save!
- Completed application
- Submitted Curriculum Vitae
- Commitment for participation in all events
- Letter of support from your department, division or practice confirming support for time and financial assistance for travel, housing, the $975 registration fee, and VAM travel and registration fees.
Mastery Grant Application
The SVS and the Leadership Development Committee are pleased to offer up to four (4) $3000 Leadership Mastery Grants to the graduates of the Leadership Development Program. Graduating members of each Cohort will be eligible to apply for one of these grants by filling out an application that outlines their plan to continue leadership education, and apply it to serve the Society and the Specialty. All previous Leadership Development Program graduates are eligible to apply for the 2022-23 Mastery Grant Application. This application is open until August 22, 2022.
|09/28/2022||7:00-8:15 PM Central||SVS LDP Webinar 1: Kick-off/Orientation|
|10/26/2022||7:00-8:15 PM Central||SVS LDP Webinar 2: LPI Assessment|
|11/09/2022||7:00-8:15 PM Central||SVS LDP Webinar 3: Model the Way|
|12/07/2022||7:00-8:15 PM Central||SVS LDP Webinar 4: Inspire a Shared Vision|
|02/01/2023||7:00-8:15 PM Central||SVS LDP Webinar 5: Challenge the Process|
|03/01/2023||7:00-8:15 PM Central||SVS LDP Webinar 6: Enable Others to Act|
|03/31 - 04/01/2023||1.5 Days||SVS LDP In-Person Workshop 7: Encourage the Heart + Case Study Project | Rosemont, IL|
|TBD-June 14-17,2023||1 Hour||LDP Cohort 4 Graduation|
The Society for Vascular Surgery is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Society for Vascular Surgery designates this live course for a maximum of 18.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This CE Activity is supported through an educational grant provided by Gore.
SVS will communicate any changes to this information as it becomes available. We look forward to seeing everyone in-person!
Please contact email@example.com.