You are here
Leadership Development Program
The 2020 Leadership Development Program (LDP)
Due to the corona virus pandemic, SVS is reorganizing delivery of the Leadership Development Program. More information is forthcoming as soon as possible. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for updates and questions.
The Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS), in collaboration with the Vascular and Endovascular Surgery Society (VESS) and the Society for Clinical Vascular Surgery (SCVS), is launching an exciting new program meant to provide a meaningful leadership development experience for a select group of mid-career vascular surgeons.
This highly interactive and unique program will begin in 2020 and be implemented over a six-month period. The aim is to help our community of vascular surgeons reach their full potential as leaders and make the most positive impact possible in our specialty, their place of work, their community and other areas of importance in their life.
The program will begin January-March with self-study and monthly online education. A two-day live leadership skills course will follow in April and the program will culminate at the 2020 Vascular Annual Meeting in June. The course will also consist of mentorship and a capstone project.
Content highlights include expert guest faculty sessions such as:
- The business and economics of health care
- Decisions in the C-Suite
- The science and physics of leadership
- Personality styles, leadership styles and emotional intelligence
- Conflict and negotiation
A core faculty of vascular surgeons will develop and deliver customized content such as:
- Leading Self: Modeling the way, building credibility and trust in leadership
- Leading Others: Building and sustaining high-performance teams; encouraging the heart and optimizing motivation
- Leading Change: Inspiring shared vision, challenging the process, leading change
- Leading Results: Strategy development and execution
Core Faculty will include;
- Melissa Kirkwood, MD
- Vikram Kashyap, MD
- Bernadette Aulivola, MD
- Grace Wang, MD
- Kenneth M. Slaw, PhD
The Society for Vascular Surgery gratefully acknowledges the following for providing an educational grant in support of this activity.
Silk Road Medical
January – May 2020
April 24 and 25, 2020 - Two-day Course
Location: SVS Headquarters - 9400 W. Higgins Road, Suite #315, Rosemont, IL 60018-4975
June 17- 20, 2020 - VAM 2020
Location: Metro Toronto Convention Centre located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Each participant will be required to identify a leadership challenge project to address at their home institution.
Applications are due before November 22, 2019 and a cohort of 20 surgeons will be selected.
- Academic, VA, or community practice vascular surgeon
- Practices in the US or Canada
- 5-10 years out from training
- Completed application
- Submitted Curriculum Vitae
- Commitment for participation in all events
- Letter of support from your Department Chair or Division Chief confirming support for time and financial assistance for travel, housing, the $690 2-day course registration fee, and VAM travel and registration fees.
The application for the 2020 Leadership Development Program is now closed.
Reach out to email@example.com or 312-334-2300.