You are here
For Fellows, Residents and Students
Educational and Networking Program
The fellow/resident/student educational and networking program will be held on Wednesday, June 8 through Friday, June 10.
The overarching goal of the program is to allow residents and students to explore their interest in vascular surgery. The program provides an excellent opportunity for learners of all levels (first year medical students to senior level surgical residents to vascular surgery trainees) to meet other learners with similar interests and importantly provides students and residents with the opportunity to meet members and leaders of the vascular surgical community.
The entire Fellow/General Surgery Resident/Medical Student Educational Program is open to all registered fellows, students, and residents, with the exception of the General Surgery Resident/Medical Student Scholarship Program Open & Endovascular Simulation Training session held on June 8. (Please note the Open & Endovascular Simulation Training session is available only to 2016 scholarship recipients of the Vascular Annual Meeting Travel and Diversity Medical Student Scholarship Programs.)
Discounted Registration for Fellows, Students, and Residents
Discounted registration is available for vascular surgery trainees, general surgery residents, and medical students to attend the 2016 Vascular Annual Meeting. In order to qualify for the discounted registration, as part of the registration process, trainees will need to submit a letter from either their program director, chief of service, or medical school stating they are in a vascular surgery training program/general surgery residency program/medical school and want to attend the meeting. Please note that only SVS Vascular Surgery Trainee Candidate members will not be required to submit a letter.
SVS provides medical students and general surgery residents attending the Vascular Annual Meeting with an assigned mentor/welcome buddy to help guide them through the Meeting, as well as assist with career questions. Students/residents will be paired with vascular surgeons in various roles from Program Director to Vascular Surgery Trainee to Vascular Surgeons Practicing 1-10 Years, and Vascular Surgeons Practicing 10+ Years. All medical students and general surgery residents registered by April 21 will be provided a welcome buddy/mentor.
For more information on the fellow/resident/student activities held during the 2016 Vascular Annual Meeting, please contact email@example.com.
Travel Scholarship Opportunities
SVS is dedicated to recruiting medical students and general surgery residents to the specialty to ensure the best young medical professionals become vascular surgeons. SVS offers travel scholarships to aspiring vascular surgeons to underwrite expenses for attendance at the Vascular Annual Meeting.
Since 2005, SVS has awarded 978 travel scholarship and 365 scholarship recipients have already been accepted/enrolled in/completed a vascular surgery training program. The competitive scholarship program has consistently received positive feedback from recipients:
- “I really appreciated having the resident scholarship. It’s a great program. Coming to SVS definitely increased my commitment to vascular surgery and I felt the networking opportunities were outstanding.”
- “Overall the SVS meeting was an excellent experience. I feel as though I learned a lot about the field of vascular surgery and was pleased to meet so many encouraging surgeons and trainees.”
- “These meetings are the highlight of my academic year. Keep up the amazing work.”
- “This was a wonderful meeting which was absolutely invaluable. I do not think I could have networked with so many wonderful people nor learned so much through any other avenue.”
- “It was a phenomenal experience. The conference was extremely organized and fluidly run. I was pleasantly surprised by the willingness of the faculty and residents to take the time and work with us, spend time improving our skills, and also the ease of accessibility to the program directors. It was also a great learning experience, and great networking experience. Thank you very much.”
- “I really enjoyed all of the activities. The teachers were awesome! They were very patient and explanatory.”
- “Overall, a great experience! I really enjoyed my time especially as the first national conference I have attended. I hope to someday get the opportunity to present in the future.”
- “I enjoyed my time at the conference and, after attending, I have concluded that I will pursue Vascular Surgery as my career choice."
- "Excellent experience. As a first year student I learned a lot of skills for the first time that will be extremely helpful in clinical training."
- "I really enjoyed this opportunity to get acquainted with physicians and a few of the instruments in their profession. It was challenging but fun."