You are here
International Mentoring Program
The International Mentorship Program was developed by the International Relations Committee to provide experienced academic mentors from the Society of Vascular Surgery for International members outside the United States who do not have access to individuals who can assist them in professional growth.
Applications for Participation in the 2021 Program are Due on March 1st, 2021
The International Mentorship Program will provide mentors to international members to assist them in clinical research design, abstract submission, manuscript preparation, and scientific meeting presentations.
The program is for an initial period of one year; continuation beyond this time is dependent on scholarly productivity and the mutual desires of the mentor and mentee. The program will consist of internet based mentoring with live video conferencing between mentor and mentee.
- Demonstrated Scholarly Interest
- Access to Internet Video Conferencing or Other Means of Communication with Mentor (i.e. Skype, Phone, E-Mail)
- Meets the criteria for participation in the International Scholars program
- Expectation of one abstract and manuscript submission within one year
- Medical School Academic Appointment
Commitment to assisting mentee in producing one abstract and manuscript submission within one year
International Mentorship Program Toolkit
The SVS International Relations Committee has compiled a selection of resources for those interested in taking part in the Mentorship Program.
Please contact staff at email@example.com or 312-334-2342.