2024 Vascular Research Initiatives Conference (VRIC)
The Vascular Research Initiatives Conference (VRIC) emphasizes the exchange of basic and translational vascular science that stimulates thoughtful discussion and motivates participants to discover solutions to important problems affecting vascular patients. The VRIC brings together vascular surgeons, vascular biologists, physicians with an interest in vascular problems, vascular surgery trainees and research trainees in vascular surgery and vascular biology.
The VRIC will be held in conjunction with the American Heart Association's Vascular Discovery: From Genes to Medicine Scientific Sessions, also held at the Hilton Chicago (May 15–18, 2024). The SVS has teamed up with AHA to offer these two exclusive meetings in the same location and timeframe to help save attendees on travel costs; however, please note the VRIC and Vascular Discovery are two separate conferences with separate registration fees.
Submit an Abstract
Abstracts will be accepted between Oct. 25, 2023 – Jan. 10, 2024, at 6 p.m. CST. Researchers are invited and encouraged to submit abstracts for this year’s conference! Abstract submissions will be accepted through the Vascular Discovery abstract portal.
VRIC Abstract Submission Requirements:
- To submit an abstract to the VRIC you will need to create a free account with the America Heart Association (AHA), or sign into your AHA account.
- Pay a non-refundable $49 fee. This fee allows researchers to submit one abstract to one or both the VRIC and Vascular Discovery.
- Agree to the AHA’s policies to submit an abstract.
- The work represented in the abstract has not been/will not be presented, published, or submitted to any other meeting or journal, aside from the upcoming American Heart Association’s Vascular Discovery Scientific Sessions.
- Along with the AHA requires utilizing Artificial Intelligence (AI) in creation of our abstract, please be sure you are reviewing SVS guidelines on AI here.
For abstracts accepted for the VRIC, presenters will be required to:
- Present in-person on May 15, 2024, or decline the offer to present in a timely manner.
- Register for the VRIC. The VRIC registration fee is separate from the registration fee for the Vascular Discovery, which is separate conference. I understand all other expenses associated with the submission and presentation of an abstract are the responsibility of the presenter.
Communication regarding your abstract submission to the VRIC will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Communication regarding your abstract submission to the Vascular Discovery will be sent from the American Heart Association.
Vascular Research Initiatives Conference Trainee Award
Attending VRIC 2024 as a trainee? Top-scoring abstracts submitted to the VRIC by trainees will be considered for the Vascular Research Initiatives Conference Trainee Award. You must submit your abstract by January 10, 2024 to be considered. Learn More.
Registration for VRIC will open early in 2024.
Email the SVS Education Department.