You are here
2016 VAM: And the awards go to.....
The Society for Vascular Surgery and the SVS Foundation present a number of awards during the Vascular Annual Meeting. The achievements and special efforts of many also receive special recognition.
The highest honor SVS bestows is the Lifetime Achievement Award. It recognizes an individual’s outstanding and sustained contributions both to the profession and to SVS, as well as exemplary professional practice and leadership.
Who will be the 2016 honoree? He or she will be identified at the SVS Award Ceremony at 2:50 p.m. Thursday, June 9, in Potomac Ballroom A/B. Recent honorees include the late Dr. Alexander Clowes (2015); Dr. John Mannick (2014); Drs. Norman Rich and Frank LoGerfo (2013); Dr. James C. Stanley (2012) and Dr. Wesley S. Moore (2011).
During the same event, Drs. Bruce Perler and Anton Sidawy, retiring Journal of Vascular Surgery editors, also will be honored.
The SVS Annual Business Meeting (for members only) from 12 to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, June 11, includes the presentation of a number of awards from the Society and the SVS Foundation
- Women's Leadership Training Grants
- Presidential Citation Awards
- PAC Regional Society Award
SVS Foundation Awards:
- SVS Foundation and American College of Surgeons Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (K08)
- EJ Wylie Traveling Fellowship
- Clinical Research Seed Grants
- Resident Research Prize: Winner Dr. Trent Foster will discuss his research during Plenary Session 2, 1:30 to 2:50 p.m. Thursday.
Come to the Vascular Annual Meeting June 7-10 and give all the winners a hand!