You are here
Vascular Research Initiatives Conference (VRIC)
VRIC Chicago 2020: From Discovery to Translation
May 4, 2020
Hilton Chicago Hotel | Chicago
The 2020 Vascular Research Initiatives Conference (VRIC) has been canceled. SVS is taking all necessary precautions to ensure the health and safety of the public relative to COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus. We are closely monitoring developments and staying abreast of updates from health organizations responsible for tracking and responding to the virus, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Watch for updates here at vascular.org and email. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact SVS at 800-258-7188.
(posted March 25, 2020)
The Vascular Research Initiatives Conference (VRIC) emphasizes emerging vascular science and encourages interactive participation of attendees. VRIC provides unique opportunities to meet with international colleagues with vast research interests and expertise and share information about new and emerging research in vascular surgery research. Scheduled the day before Vascular Discovery Scientific Sessions, VRIC is considered a key event for connecting with vascular researchers.
2020 Learning Objectives
ABSTRACT SESSION I: HEMOSTASIS, THROMBOSIS, AND DISCOVERY SCIENCE FOR VENOUS DISEASE
1. Discuss the current use of animal models elucidating the pathophysiology of hemostasis and thrombosis in both arterial and venous disease.
2. Identify new areas of basic and methodological research in hemostasis and thrombosis in both arterial and venous disease.
3. Describe new venues of current clinical and translational research in hemostasis and thrombosis in both arterial and venous disease.
ABSTRACT SESSION II: VASCULAR REGENERATION, STEM CELLS AND WOUND HEALING
1. Discuss the current use of animal, cellular, and mathematical models elucidating the pathophysiology of stem cells, wound healing and vascular healing and regeneration.
2. Identify new areas of basic and methodological research in stem cells, wound healing and vascular healing and regeneration.
3. Describe new venues of current clinical and translational research in stem cells, wound healing and vascular regeneration.
ABSTRACT SESSION III: AORTOPATHIES AND NOVEL VASCULAR DEVICES
1. Discuss the current use of animal models in understanding aortic disease.
2. Identify new areas of basic and methodological research in pathologic arterial remodeling and molecular targets of next stage vascular therapeutics.
3. Describe new venues of current clinical and translational research in the development of vascular devices to meet the varied needs of vascular patients.
ABSTRACT SESSION IV: ATHEROSCLEROSIS, ARTERIAL INJURY AND DIABETES
1. Discuss the novel dietary components of peripheral arterial disease (PAD), novel perfusion imaging of PAD, and the role of the microvasculature on skeletal muscle function in PAD patients.
2. Identify new mechanisms of basic and translational in PAD.
3. Describe mechanisms of arterial fibrosis and calcification in PAD.
1. Discuss the physiologic and mechanistic disruptions that underlie innate immune cells in cardiovascular diseases.
2. Identify novel models and mechanisms in atherosclerosis and other cardiovascular diseases.
3. Describe cutting edge technology to explore alterations in innate immune cell phenotype in atherosclerosis and other cardiovascular diseases.
Registration fees are being refunded. Contact email@example.com with any questions.
Contact the Hilton Chicago Hotel by calling one of the numbers below to cancel your hotel reservation as soon as possible. Hotel reservations are refundable if canceled 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival.
HILTON CHICAGO HOTEL
720 SOUTH MICHIGAN AVENUE, CHICAGO, IL 60605
Main Hotel Phone: 312-922-4400
Toll-Free Reservations: 888-446-6677
Please call 800-258-7188 or email the SVS Education Department.