You are here
To further help SVS members better meet challenges they are facing in their practices, the Society is working with the esteemed legal health firm Polsinelli to produce a series of hot topic articles and webinars to address specific issues of concern.
- Hiring for the Right Clinical Fit Craig Southerland
Hiring for the Right Clinical Fit summarizes tips and tools from the recruitment process through the onboarding procees. The tips and tools include finding potential candidates, recruitment financial package, interview questions and integrating new physicians into your practice.
- Credentialing and Privileging in New Procedurees and Technologies Thomas Forbes, M.D., FRCSC, FACS, DFSVS
Credentialing and Privileging in New Procedures and Technologies summarizes the critical elements for initial privileges, defining a new procedure, a proposed process for credentialing and privileging in a new procedure and adopting the new procedure and technology into routine practice.
- Top Four Tips on Negotiating Physician Employment Agreements Amy J. McCullough & Neal Shah, Polsinelli
Top Four Tops on Negotiating Physician Employment Agreements summarizes the top four tips for negotiating contracts; choosing wisely, understanding what is being offered, knowing your rights and obligations and having an exit strategy. These tips are summarized from both the perspective of the physician employee and practice employer.
- Trends in HIPAA Enforcement Against Physician Practices Abby E. Bonjean, Esq., Polsinelli
Trends in HIPAA Enforcement Against Physician Practices summarizes recent enforcement actions related to physician practices and discusses some of the recommended best practices to mitigate HIPAA enforcement risks and penalties.
- Common Human Resource Challenges and Solutions for Physician Practices Amy J. McCullough, Esq., Polsinelli
Common Human Resource Challenges and Solutions for Physician Practices discusses the three most common practice-centered human resource challenges. This article provides tips to create a practice that fosters growth, is collaborative, patient-centered, compliant with applicable laws and yields long term savings while providing high quality care.
- Legal and Reimbursement Issues of Remote Health Care Delivery Sidney S. Welch & Amy J. McCullough, Polsinelli
Legal and Reimbursement Issues of Remote Health Care Delivery focuses on the significant challenges and opportunities that currently exist for telehealth implementation, including legal and reimbursement barriers.
- Exploring Potential Business Ventures Amy J. McCullough, J.D., Polsinelli PC
Exploring Potential Business Ventures is focused on ways to expand existing practices to include an in-office vascular surgical suite or to establish a free-standing ambulatory surgery center individually or in partnership with a hospital or complementary specialty group.To further help those contemplating such an opportunity, this article highlights the legal, financial, and operational considerations to keep in mind when pursuing potential business ventures, as well key questions to consider before moving forward.
- Graying Gracefully in the Medical Profession? Amy J. McCullough, JD., Polsinelli PC
Graying Gracefully in the Medical Profession? provides an overview of issues commonly faced by aging physicians and how these aging issues can be addressed.