Translating Guidelines into Practice: Global Vascular Guideline on the Management of Patients with CLTI Video Series
The three sessions will be helpful in expanding physician knowledge base and improving clinical confidence and effectiveness in treating patients with CLTI.
Before you watch the recording, you are encouraged to take the roundtable pre-survey to evaluate if the guideline recommendations are easy to translate into daily clinical practice.
Once you have completed the recordings, you are encouraged to take the post-survey. This will help gauge what you have learned. If you are only going to watch one recording, please take the surveys before and after; if you are going to watch all of the recordings, take the pre-survey before you watch the first one and the post-survey after you watch the final one.
The focus of the first webinar will be on the overall medical care of these patients. The session will describe the current state of optimal medical management (OMT) and how it applies to patients like yours. An important focus will be on recent developments in antithrombotic, antihypertensive, and lipid-lowering management and how to best achieve smoking cessation for your patients.
The focus of the second webinar is the diagnosis and staging of the limb. This session is "WIfI” centric” and focused on hemodynamics and foot assessment. The importance of repetitive staging to guide the course of treatment and potential alterations in the treatment plan will be reviewed.
The last session of the series will address revascularization. This session will cover GLASS, its relationship to revascularization outcomes, and its current limitations. The growing impact of pedal artery disease in clinical practice will also be discussed. Finally, the panelists will discuss the latest data on the risks and benefits of drug elution in the CLTI population.
If you have not done so already, please be sure to take the post-survey to gauge what you have learned.
- Mills Sr JL, Conte MS, Armstrong DG, Pomposelli FB, Schanzer A, Sidawy AN, et al. The Society for Vascular Surgery Lower Extremity Threatened Limb Classification System: risk stratification based on wound, ischemia, and foot infection (WIfI). J Vasc Surg 2014;59:220e234.e1-2.
- Conte MS, Bradbury AW, Kolh P, White JV, Dick F, Fitridge R, Mills JL, Ricco JB, Suresh KR, Murad MH. Global vascular guideline on the management of chronic limb-threatening ischemia. J Vasc Surg. 2019;69(6s):1-122.
- Conte MS, Bradbury AW, Kolh P, White JV, Dick F, Fitridge R, Mills JL, Ricco JB, Suresh KR, Murad MH. Global vascular guideline on the management of chronic limb-threatening ischemia. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2019 Jul;58(1S):S1-S109.e33.
- Thanigaimani S, Drovandi A, Golledge J. A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials evaluating the efficacy of smoking cessation interventions in people with peripheral artery disease. J Vasc Surg. 2022 Feb;75(2):721-729.e7.
- Bhushan R, Lebwohl MG, Gottlieb AB, Boyer K, Hamarstrom E, Korman NJ, Kirsner RS, Sober AJ, et al. Translating Psoriasis Guidelines into Practice. Important Gaps revealed. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2015