SVS Surgical Coaching Program
Surgeons from a wide range of specialties have found that having a coach who understands your specialty can take your career to the next level. Whether you are working towards a promotion, want help fine-tuning your approach or taking your leadership skills to the next level, pairing up with the right coach can get you there much faster (and with less pain!) than you can do on your own.
The SVS Wellness Committee has paired together with the Academy for Surgical Coaching to provide a 3-month program that to improve the skills, wellness, decision-making, teamwork, and self-awareness of participants. Throughout this 3-month program, you and your coach will meet 4 times in a virtual setting and will work to set and achieve your goals. Watch and learn about the program.
Your paired coach will:
- Assist you in taking on problems causing frustration and delay in the operating room (OR)
- Provide expert, personalized feedback on your technique
- Creatively brainstorm with you to help implement new ways of doing procedures
- Serve as someone who can help you with difficult professional situations
- Hold you accountable to making change
I Want to Learn More!
Watch the informational webinar from January 24, 2022 to learn more about this valuable program and how it can positively impact your career!
Surgeon wellness is an often overlooked, but vitally important component in the lives of all surgeons. The Surgical Coaching Program aims to build surgeon wellness through:
- Conversations with a colleague/peer who can listen to you and ask good, thought-provoking questions in confidence
- Building a sense of control in your practice
- Working through OR problems you may be experiencing
- Encouraging and guiding you to step back, slow down and be more thoughtful in your practice
- Assisting in personal growth and mastery
Each surgical coach in the program has received training on coaching principles so they can be an effective guide as you fulfill your goals. The below surgeons are available to work with program participants: