Excellence in Community Practice Award
The Society for Vascular Surgery® (SVS) Excellence in Community Practice Award (formerly the Excellence in Community Service Award) is an honor the SVS bestows on a member who has exhibited outstanding leadership within his or her community as a practicing vascular surgeon. Selection for this honor recognizes an individual’s sustained contributions to patients and their community, as well as exemplary professional practice and leadership.
Nominees for the SVS Excellence in Community Practice Award should be individuals who have exhibited outstanding leadership within their community as a practicing vascular surgeon and who possess exceptional personal integrity and reflect the highest standards of the profession. Requirements to be considered in evaluating nominees include:
- Minimum of 20 years as a practicing vascular surgeon
- Minimum of 5 years as SVS member
- Evidence of impact on vascular care or community health, such as:
- Leadership in a community-based practice
- Implementation of services or innovations to advance community health
- Partnerships or collaborations with organizations in the community
- Contributions that elevate the stature of the specialty of vascular surgery in the community
The 2024 nomination period will open on Monday, Oct. 2. Nominations will be accepted until Feb. 1, 2024.
Any SVS member may nominate a candidate for the award by submitting a nomination form and supporting documentation. Self-nominations are also accepted. Nominees, who are not selected to receive the award, will be automatically re-nominated for the award, for three years, from the initial date of application submission.
- Nomination Form
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae (abbreviated CV (i.e. three pages) or full CV is acceptable)
- Description of the nominee’s significant work and impact in a community practice setting (1 page)
- Three letters of recommendation. One recommendation letter must be from an SVS member.
Award Selection Process
Nominations will be reviewed by the SVS Community Practice Section, which will determine the award recipient. Although a call for nominations will be made annually, the award may not be awarded each year. The award will be presented to the recipient during the SVS Vascular Annual Meeting.
DEI Statement for SVS Awards and Scholarship Opportunities
SVS is invested in a process that assures diversity, equity and inclusion for our award and scholarship opportunities. We encourage enthusiastic, eligible applicants from all aspects of gender, sexual orientation and ethnicity to apply.
Learn about the symbolism of this award from 2022 recipient, Robert Molnar, MD
Patricia Furey, MD
Clifford Sales, MD
Gilford Vincent, MD
Daniel T. McDevitt, MD
Robert Molnar, MD
Arthur E. Palamara, MD
John Kirkland, MD
Daniel McGraw, MD
Kenneth Schwartz, MD
Krishna Jain, MD
Russell Samson, MD
William Shutze, MD
Joseph Anain, Sr., MD
Carlo Dall'Olmo, MD
Richard Lynn, MD