You are here
Plan your VAM Experience
With this issue of the Vascular Specialist, the SVS pages are focused primarily on the upcoming Vascular Annual Meeting in San Diego. The end of May will be here before we know it, and with it, the start of our most important scientific meeting of the year.
This year, our VAM Program Committee has diligently organized a meeting agenda of incomparable educational value. Attendees can expect to see many additional new features this year, including:
• Multiple joint sessions, reflecting multidisciplinary and collaborative approaches providing our patients the best possible vascular care. We have sessions with a virtual alphabet soup of allied societies: APMA, AVF, ESVS, SVM, SVN, STS and SVU.
• A session offering an update on clinical practice guidelines, including hospital privileges, surgical follow-up and care of patients with AAA, plus the unveiling of new global CLI guidelines.
• A forum co-sponsored by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, “Advances and Controversies in the Management of Complex Thoracoabdominal Aneurysmal Disease and Type B Aortic Dissection.”
• A new session, “International Consortium of Vascular Registries: Quality Improvement in Vascular Surgery Goes Global,” exploring international collaboration on procedural registries and best-practice guidelines.
• A revamped workshop schedule on Wednesday.
Read more about the 2017 Vascular Annual Meeting in these pages, plus in our ongoing VAMail enewsletter, online and in the Connections Preview issue, which accompanies this publication.
Register now for our premier meeting of vascular surgeons and endovascular specialists. I look forward to welcoming you to San Diego.
Ron Fairman, MD