You are here
Vascular Surgery is an essential component of a hospital’s overall surgical program and performance.
Often under-valued in the eyes of health system leadership, it is critical that health system leaders understand:
- Vascular surgery is necessary for a safe operating room environment and has a significant impact on lowering mortality and morbidity
- Vascular surgery enables many other service lines that are significant revenue generators for a health system
- Vascular surgery, endovascular and vascular medical care represent significant growth opportunities due to increasing prevalence and incidence nationally
Under the leadership of the SVS Valuation Work Group the Value of Vascular Surgery Report was developed in partnership with Sg2, the premier authority in health care trends, insights, and market analytics. The report provides objective data compiled from Sg2 and external sources, including analysis of national trends, to measure the importance and financial impact of vascular services to health systems.
SVS members are encouraged to download the report and summary presentation and use these resources to engage with your hospital leadership.
- Value of Vascular Surgery Report
- Summary Presentation
- Crawford Critical Issues Forum Presentation "Value of the Vascular Surgeon to the Health Care System", June 20, 2020
- JVS publication "The Value of the Modern Vascular Surgeon to the Health Care System: A Report from the Society for Vascular Surgery Valuation Work Group"
- SVS member Dr. Richard Powell discusses the financial opportunities for health systems related to the vascular surgery line in a recently released podcast from HealthLeaders Finance Podcast. Listen to the episode here
Distribution to Sg2 member organizations:
On June 25, 2020, the report was released as the featured story in This Week from Sg2 reaching Sg2’s membership of 220 healthcare organizations representing more than 1,600 not for profit, for profit and academic health system providers. In addition, Sg2 experts and intelligence team will share this document with their members interested in developing or strengthening their vascular program and it will be accessible on the Sg2 website as a resource.
Where are the Sg2 EDGE Clients Located?
Future SVS member support:
The SVS Valuation Work Group and Sg2 are committed to helping SVS members advance vascular surgery at their hospital or health system. SVS and Sg2 are actively exploring solutions that will provide hospitals and vascular surgeons with the support and resources they need to augment or accelerate local transformation of vascular services.
Tell us more
Tell us what additional tools will help you have meaningful conversations with referral sources and hospital leadership by clicking HERE
For questions, email email@example.com.