You are here
Big changes at JVS
News from JVS Publications - New Journal, New Websites
The Journal of Vascular Surgery family of publications has important news to share. It is now accepting submissions for publication in JVS-Vascular Science and each JVS publication now has its own submission and peer-review website.
The JVS family has grown to four publications, with the addition of JVS Vascular Science, an open-access, online-only journal, with rapid publication after peer review and acceptance. Publication fees apply; SVS members receive discounted rates.
JVS-Vascular Science aims to be the premier international journal publishing “bench-to-bedside” translational research, underlying modern medical, endovascular and surgical investigation and management of vascular diseases. It is dedicated to the science and art of vascular medicine, radiology, surgery and endovascular interventions. It will publish relevant papers that report important scientific advances, test new hypotheses, propose and define new treatments and address current controversies.
As with all JVS Journals, Dr. Peter Gloviczki will serve as editor-in-chief and Dr. Peter F. Lawrence as senior editor. Dr. Alan Dardik will serve as editor, with Drs. Ulka Sachdev, John Curci and Ulf Hedin as associate editors. Each journal now has its own submission and peer-review website:
- Journal of Vascular Surgery
- JVS-Venous and Lymphatic Disorders
- JVS-Vascular Science
- JVS-Cases and Innovative Techniques
This move has many benefits for authors, editors and reviewers including:
- Authors may now submit directly to the Journal of their choice.
- Users do not need to take any action to participate on all four sites since user profiles are shared by each portal and require just one set of login credentials.
- Profile information is automatically synchronized between sites.
- Users may have different reviewer and editor roles from one site to another.
- Editors may transfer manuscripts between Journal sites, and the author may accept or decline to transfer.
- Reviewers will be invited to review a manuscript for a specific Journal rather than for all the JVS Journals.
- The publications will provide multiple reviewer CME programs. Those who review for more than one publication now have the potential to earn more credits.
For more information, email email@example.com.