These courses are an exciting educational portal to understanding the interplay of the lymphatic and vascular systems as related to patient health. This seminar is intended for physicians who need to diagnose and/or treat patients with lymphedema and/or lipedema.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants will be able to recognize the physical, imaging, and laboratory findings relevant to a lymphedema or lipedema diagnosis; compare and contrast the available therapies for lymphedema and lipedema; and diagnose potential candidates for lymphatic surgery.
This seminar offers 7 credits, and starts are 8:00 a.m. with a full buffet breakfast and ends at 6:00 p.m. It also includes a full buffet lunch. It is divided into the morning session, LEVEL 1 for 3 credits, and 4 credits for the afternoon LEVEL 2 session. It is possible to attend just the morning session with lunch, but both sessions are encouraged. Visit the LE&RN website for more details on the program and to register.
LE&RN and Lymphedema Seminars
- Stanley Rockson, MD: Chief of Consultative Cardiology, Allan and Tina Neill Professor of Lymphatic Research and Medicine, Professor of Medicine, Director, Center for Lymphatic and Venous Disorders Stanford University School of Medicine, Falk Cardiovascular Research Center
- Steven Dean, DO DO, FACP, RPVI: Director of the Vascular Medicine Program, Director of Cardiovascular Medicine’s Noninvasive Peripheral Vascular Laboratory and Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
- Joseph Dayan, MD: Plastic Surgeon Specializing in Microsurgical Reconstruction, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York
- Dhruv Singhal, MD: Director of Lymphatic Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical Faculty Plastic Surgeon
- David Hovsepian, MD: Clinical Professor, Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Stanford Healthcare Interventional Radiology