SOOVC Presentation Award
The Society for Vascular Surgery (SVS) Section on Outpatient & Office Vascular Care (SOOVC) Presentation Award is to recognize vascular surgeons who have completed clinical research projects in an OBL or ASC practice.
Three recipients will be selected to present their research and receive an award.
This award is separate from the SOOVC Research Seed Grant. Applicants can apply for both the Grant and subsequently the Presentation Award after the research is complete.
The physician applicant responsible for the project must be an SVS Active or Candidate Member who is practicing in an OBL or ASC setting. Vascular interventionalists, trainees, fellows and residents are eligible.
SOOVC is invested in a process that assures diversity, equity and inclusion for this award and scholarship opportunities. We encourage enthusiastic, eligible applicants from all aspects of gender, sexual orientation and ethnicity to apply.
Application Process: Applications are due January 15, 2024
- Complete the SOOVC Presentation Award application and submit.
- Submit an abstract of the completed research (about 400 words).
Criteria & Review Process
Applications will be reviewed by the OBL Research Work Group.
The criteria on which research awards will be provided include:
- Priority will be given to projects that will serve communities with the greatest health disparities and those projects that include community partnerships.
- Significance and innovative nature of the proposed project, as determined by the potential to impact vascular health, awareness and prevention
- Examples of possible topics include not only procedure-based outcomes but also new innovations such as drug-eluting technology, insurance authorizations, enhanced recovery pathways, nursing care, education, training, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), the role of advanced practice providers and patient safety.
Presentation of Award
Awardees will be presenting their abstracts at the SOOVC session during the Vascular Annual Meeting. Awardees will receive an award.
SOOVC may include information about the presentation in promotional materials.