You are here
References for December VA article
The below are the references for the article about research opportunities within the Department of Veterans Affairs, which ran in the December 2020 Specialist.
1. US Department of Veterans Affairs. About the Office of Research and Development; https://www.research.va.gov/about/default.cfmAccessed Oct 30th 2020.
2. Overview of VA research factsheet. https://www.research.va.gov/pubs/docs/va_factsheets/varesearch_overview_factsheet.pdf. Accessed Oct 30th 2020.
3. Career Development Program for Biomedical laboratory and Clinical science R7D Services. https://www.research.va.gov/services/shared_docs/career_dev.cfm. Accessed Oct 30, 2020
4. Corporate data Warehouse. HSR&D. https://www.hsrd.research.va.gov/for_researchers/vinci/cdw.cfm. Accessed Oct 30, 2020.
5. Massarweh, Nader N., Amy H. Kaji, and Kamal MF Itani. "Practical guide to surgical data sets: Veterans Affairs Surgical Quality Improvement Program (VASQIP)." JAMA surgery 153.8 (2018): 768-769
6. Office of Research and Development. Million Veterans program. https://www.research.va.gov/mvp/. Accessed Oct 30, 2020.
7. VA Clinical Assessment reporting and tracking program. https://www.va.gov/healthcareexcellence/cart/reporting.asp. Accessed Oct 30, 2020
8. Hobson RW, 2nd, Weiss DG, Fields WS, Goldstone J, Moore WS, Towne JB, et al. Efficacy ofcarotid endarterectomy for asymptomatic carotid stenosis. The Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study Group. The New England journal of medicine. 1993;328(4):221-7.
9. Lederle FA, Kyriakides TC, Stroupe KT, Freischlag JA, Padberg FT, Jr., Matsumura JS, et al. Open versus Endovascular Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. The New England journal of medicine. 2019;380(22):2126-35.
10. Lederle FA, Johnson GR, Wilson SE, Gordon IL, Chute EP, Littooy FN, et al. Relationship of age, gender, race, and body size to infrarenal aortic diameter. The Aneurysm Detection and Management (ADAM) Veterans Affairs Cooperative Study Investigators. J Vasc Surg. 1997;26(4):595-601.
11. McFalls EO, Ward HB, Moritz TE, Goldman S, Krupski WC, Littooy F, et al. Coronary-artery revascularization before elective major vascular surgery. The New England journal of medicine. 2004;351(27):2795-804.
12. Menard MT, Farber A, Assmann SF, Choudhry NK, Conte MS, Creager MA, Dake MD, Jaff MR, Kaufman JA, Powell RJ, Reid DM, Siami FS, Sopko G, White CJ, Rosenfield K. Design and Rationale of the Best Endovascular Versus Best Surgical Therapy for Patients With Critical Limb Ischemia (BEST-CLI) Trial. J Am Heart Assoc. 2016 Jul 8;5(7):e003219. doi: 10.1161/JAHA.116.003219. PMID: 27402237; PMCID: PMC5015366.
13. Howard VJ, Meschia JF, Lal BK, Turan TN, Roubin GS, Brown RD Jr, Voeks JH, Barrett KM, Demaerschalk BM, Huston J 3rd, Lazar RM, Moore WS, Wadley VG, Chaturvedi S, Moy CS, Chimowitz M, Howard G, Brott TG; CREST-2 study investigators. Carotid revascularization and medical management for asymptomatic carotid stenosis: Protocol of the CREST-2 clinical trials. Int J Stroke. 2017 Oct;12(7):770-778. doi: 10.1177/1747493017706238. Epub 2017 May 2. PMID: 28462683; PMCID: PMC5987521.
14. US national Library of Medicine. Trial protocol: Transfusion Trigger After Operations in High Cardiac Risk Patients (TOP) https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03229941. Accessed Oct 30th, 2020
15. Columbo JA, Kang R, Spangler EL et al; PROVE-AAA Study Team. Design of the PReferences for Open Versus Endovascular Repair of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (PROVE-AAA) Trial. Ann Vasc Surg. 2020 May;65:247-253. doi: 10.1016/j.avsg.2019.02.034. Epub 2019 May 8. PMID: 31075459.