You are here
Association of Program Administrators in Vascular Surgery (APAVS)
The APAVS is a forum for the interchange of ideas and information related to the education of vascular surgery fellows and integrated vascular residents. APAVS members assist in the identification and solution of educational and administrative problems that may arise in the conduct of vascular surgery residency and fellowship programs and serve as the advocate of resident education in the various professional agencies, boards, councils and committees that influence the specialty of Vascular Surgery.
2021 Annual Meeting
The APAVS held their 2021 APAVS Annual Meeting virtually on Tuesday, March 30, from 1:00 – 3:30 p.m. (Eastern).
APAVS Virtual Meeting Agenda
- 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. – APAVS Business Meeting
- 1:30 – 2:15 p.m. – Managing Multiple Programs Across Different Specialties and Sub-Specialties (Co-Moderators: Cate Unruh and Toni Harris)
- 2:15 – 3:00 p.m. – Best Practices vs. New Practices Debate: Recruitment (Co-Moderators: Fredd Brewer and Anna Darelli-Anderson)
- 3:00 – 3:15 p.m. – Journal Club (Moderator: Lee Hines)
- 3:15 – 3:30 p.m. – Open Forum
For information on our previous meetings, please contact APAVS President, Maria Velasco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APAVS Steering Committee
The Steering Committee of the APAVS is made up of the association’s officers and councilors-at-large::
President: Maria Velasco, UCLA Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (Los Angeles, CA)
President-Elect: Jenna Little, Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL)
Secretary: Trina Smidt, University of Colorado School of Medicine (Aurora, CO)
Immediate Past President: Mark Byrne, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Pittsburgh, PA)
Councilors-At-Large (1 Vacancy): Nicole Althage, Washington University in St. Louis (St. Louis, MO); Hayley Baldzicki, Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH); Cameron Davis, Atrium Health (Charlotte, NC); and Toni Schlotman, C-TAGME, University of Nebraska Medical Center (Omaha, NE)
The APAVS invites all vascular surgery coordinators, administrators, program managers, and educators to join the organization. Please complete the online membership application and contact Mark Byrne (email@example.com) for more information.
The APAVS looks forward to growing each year and providing valuable information for all program administrators involved in training vascular residents and fellows.
The APAVS currently has three active subcommittees. If you are interested in joining, please contact the subcommittee Co-Chairs, listed below:
Diversity & Inclusion
- View Training Program Profiles
- Rolling Calendar
- Anne Long - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandra Vale - email@example.com
Recruitment (Interim Ch-Chairs)
- Trina Smidt - Trina.Smidt@ucdenver.edu
- Hayley Baldzicki - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cameron Davis - Cameron.Davis@atriumhealth.org
Updated April 2021