You are here
Association of Vascular Surgery Coordinators (AVSC)
The AVSC is a forum for the interchange of ideas and information related to the education of vascular surgery fellows and integrated vascular residents. AVSC members assist in the identification and solution of educational and administrative problems that may arise in the conduct of vascular surgery residency and fellowship programs and serve as the advocate of resident education in the various professional agencies, boards, councils and committees that influence the specialty of Vascular Surgery.
2019 Annual Meeting
The 2019 AVSC Meeting was held on March 29-30 at the Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel.
- Interviews and Recruitment Season 2018-19, Sandra Vale
- The Self-Study Process: Where's My Roadmap?, Jenna Little
- Vascular Surgery Case Logs: What Do the Numbers Mean?, Peggy Mauer, MEd
- Interpreting the ACGME Resident and Faculty Surveys, Heidi M. Lindsey
- Program Leadership and Career Development, Cameron K. Davis
- Professional Organization from a Coordinator's Perspective, Hayley Baldzicki
- Best Practices - Social Media for Programs, Kate McGurk
- Coordinator Mentorship, Nikki Althage
The Association of Vascular Surgery Coordinators (AVSC) held its first meeting in conjunction with the APDVS meeting in Chicago, Illinois April 16-17, 2010. Thirty-five vascular surgery coordinators attended the meeting. Sessions topics included:
- Integrated Residency Programs
- Rolling Calendar
- ACGME & RRC Update
- The Surgical Principle Exam
- PIF Preparation and Site Visit Tips
- Annual Program Review
- Online Evaluation Systems
- Dealing with Problem Residents
Several of the Program Directors led sessions and the coordinators joined the PD’s for various presentations. The AVSC will continue to meet in conjunction with the APDVS meeting.
AVSC Steering Committee
The Steering Committee of the AVSC is made up of the association’s officers and councilors-at-large::
President: Mark Byrne, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Pittsburgh, PA)
President-Elect: Maria Velasco, UCLA Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (Los Angeles, CA)
Secretary: Trina Smidt, University of Colorado School of Medicine (Aurora, CO)
Immediate Past President: Lauren Talhelm, C-TAGME, Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute (Hershey, PA)
Councilors-At-Large: Nicole Althage, Washington University in St. Louis (St. Louis, MO); Hayley Baldzicki, Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, OH); Cameron Davis, Atrium Health (Charlotte, NC); Alicia Keely, Greenville Health System (Greenville, SC); and Jenna Little, Northwestern Medicine (Chicago, IL)
The AVSC invites all vascular surgery coordinators, administrators, program managers, and educators to join the organization. Please complete the online membership application and contact Mark Byrne (email@example.com) for more information.
The AVSC looks forward to growing each year and providing valuable information for all coordinators involved in training vascular residents and fellows.
Updated April 2019