You are here
Association of Vascular Surgery Coordinators (AVSC)
Information and Notices
The 2019 AVSC Meeting, will be held on March 29-30 at the Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel.
The Association of Vascular Surgery Coordinators (AVSC) held its first meeting in conjunction with the APDVS meeting in Chicago, Illinois April 16-17, 2010. Thirty-five vascular surgery coordinators attended the meeting. Sessions topics included:
- Integrated Residency Programs
- Rolling Calendar
- ACGME & RRC Update
- The Surgical Principle Exam
- PIF Preparation and Site Visit Tips
- Annual Program Review
- Online Evaluation Systems
- Dealing with Problem Residents
Several of the Program Directors led sessions and the coordinators joined the PD’s for various presentations. The AVSC will continue to meet in conjunction with the APDVS meeting.
Past Meeting Resources
2017 ACSV Program Agenda for Download (.doc)
The current officers of the AVSC include:
- President: Lauren Talhelm, C-TAGME, Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute, PA
- Vice President: Mark Byrne, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA
- Secretary: Vacant
- Immediate Past President: Billie Ruden, University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics, IA
- Councilors: Catie Fihn, Medical College of Wisconsin, WI; Jenna Little, Northwestern Medicine, IL; Alicia Keely, Greenville Health System of Greenville, SC
Join Our Google Community
The AVSC has recently created a Google Community for all members. This is a great platform where Vascular Surgery Coordinators can contact each other and network throughout the year. It allows members to share documents, post questions and surveys. In the future, all documents from the Annual Meeting will be posted to the Google Community. Please click on the link and request to join!
The AVSC invites all vascular surgery coordinators, administrators, and educators to join the organization. Currently there is no charge to join the organization as the program directors membership fees cover the coordinators membership. Please complete the online membership application or any changes to your address or phone number to Lauren Talhelm (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The AVSC looks forward to growing each year and providing valuable information for all coordinators involved in training vascular residents and fellows.
Updated October 2018