VAM23 Registration Terms & Conditions
By registering for the 2023 Vascular Annual Meeting (VAM23), you (i) represent and warrant to SVS that you have read these Terms & Conditions; (ii) agree to abide by and be bound by these Terms & Conditions; and (iii) acknowledge and agree that your personally identifiable and other information will be used by SVS, its vendors and others as described below. If you do not agree or accept these Terms & Conditions, you may not register for VAM23. SVS reserves the right to changes these Terms & Conditions from time to time. The current version will be posted on the VAM23 website (“Site”).
- Information Collection
- Children’s Information
- Information Use
- Information Sharing
- Access to and Control of Information
- Data Security
- Data Retention
- Data Transfer
- External Links
- SVS Contact Information
Information Provided Voluntarily
- Personal Contact Information: We will collect personal information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your name, date of birth, employer’s name, job title, mailing address(es), e-mail address(es), telephone number(s), fax number, and photograph. Such information is necessary to facilitate your registration and for us to provide or offer our other services and products to you. Please note that you may decline to share your personal information with us, in which case you will not be able to register or participate in VAM23.
- Payment Information: If you choose to purchase a ticket to VAM23, we and/or our third-party payment processors will collect your payment information, including, but not limited to, your credit or debit card number, card verification value (CVV) number, and expiration date.
Information Collected Automatically
- Automated Information: Your web browser or mobile device automatically provides information when you visit the VAM23 website (“Site”), including, but not limited to, your Internet Protocol (IP) address or unique device identifier.
- Cookies: Cookies are pieces of stored information on a user’s computer or device that are tied to information about the user and used to provide smoother navigation throughout the Site, such as to store a saved password; to identify user trends, such as page views; and for other internal purposes, such as to assess the effectiveness of the Site. If you don’t want cookies to be used, you have the option of setting your computer to disable cookies or to alert you when cookies are being used. If you choose to disable cookies, please be aware that portions of the Site may not function properly.
- Log Files: Log files store information such as a user’s IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. Like most websites, the Site uses log files to analyze trends, administer the Site, and track users’ movement on the Site.
The Site and VAM23 are not directed toward children under the age of 21, however, individuals registering for VAM may register a child as a guest. We do not knowingly collect information from children and children may not participate in the Silent Auction, however, should a child be registered as a guest, it should be done so with parental consent. If we become aware that a child has registered to participate in VAM23 and provided us with information without parental consent, that information will be deleted from our records and access to VAM23 will be revoked.
SVS will use the information that we collect in connection with VAM23 to facilitate your purchase(s) and to offer our other services and products. We may use and store such information for legitimate and lawful business purposes, for example, to:
- analyze and evaluate member and prospective member interest;
- notify you of information relating to VAM23 and future VAM’s;
- send occasional email communications on behalf of SVS and vendors;
- prepare invoices and process payments;
- respond to communications and inquiries that you send to us; and
- for other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, we rely on multiple legal bases to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personal data, including that:
- you have given consent, which you may withdraw at any time;
- it is necessary for us to perform a contract with you;
- it is necessary for us to comply with legal obligations;
- it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests;
- it is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions; and/or
- it is necessary to protect someone’s life.
To the extent we rely on our legitimate interests as a legal basis to collect, use, share, or otherwise process your personal data, those interests include: providing a product or service you requested or purchased in connection with VAM23; analyzing and evaluating member and prospective member needs and interests; notifying you of SVS official business, news, activities, programs, events, meetings, conferences, services, products, and benefits; sending occasional email communications on behalf of vendors; preparing invoices and processing payments; responding to communications and inquiries that you send to us; and promoting the function, safety, and security of our services.
Personal information may be given to a third party in order to complete a specific business transaction on behalf of SVS or for such other purposes as SVS deems to be in the best interests of SVS or the specialty. Such transactions and purposes may include the following:
- Your name and contact information, as provided to SVS, may be shared with SVS members to provide a service, satisfy a question, or develop a prospective business relationship. We are not responsible for members’ use or misuse of your personal information.
- Your name and contact information, as provided to SVS, may appear on registration or attendee lists distributed at SVS programs, events, meetings, and conferences to other attendees, including members, and other third parties, including, but not limited to, exhibitors or sponsors. We are not responsible for use or misuse of your personal information by exhibitors, sponsors, or the like.
- Your name and contact information, as provided to SVS, may appear on SVS member lists, and may be shared with our affiliated organizations and other vascular or healthcare related organizations (including state, regional and international vascular societies). Such organizations may use your information for the purpose of sending you information and materials related to membership, educational opportunities and products, conferences, and other opportunities. We are not responsible for use or misuse of your personal information by such organizations.
- We may share your personal information with third parties that provide services to SVS including, but not limited to, administration/operation support; marketing, promotions, and communications; program, event, meeting, or conference enrollment, registration, planning, hosting, or management; website hosting; database management; payment card processing; or other data processing.
- We also may disclose personal information if we become subject to a subpoena, court order, or law enforcement or other government agency inquiry or investigation or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose such information. We also may use and disclose information about you to establish or exercise our legal rights, to enforce the Terms and Conditions of Use, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person.
- If all or part of SVS is merged into or otherwise transferred to another entity, we may transfer the personal information you provided to us to such entity as part of that transaction.
Access to and Control of Information
SVS takes your privacy and the protection of your personal information seriously, and we will provide you with reasonable access to and control of the personal information that you have provided to us. You may request to update your personal information or to opt in to or opt out of any service offerings at any time.
For individuals located in the European Economic Area, you may have additional rights concerning your personal data, such as to access, obtain a copy of, correct, or delete that information or to withdraw your consent or object to the collection, use, sharing, or other processing of that information. To make any request with respect to your personal information, please contact SVS as set forth below in the “SVS Contact Information” section.
We employ reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to safeguard your personal information and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. Online registration information, such as payment card information, will be secured using a commercially accepted method of encryption. However, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission is completely infallible, and we cannot guarantee its absolute safety. We encourage you to use reasonable care in how you handle and disclose your personal information, username(s), and password(s). If you become aware of any breach of Site security, please contact us immediately.
If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending information, including personal data, to the United States where our servers are located. That information may then be transferred within the United States or to other countries outside the United States other than your country of residence. Countries other than your country of residence, including the United States, may have data privacy and protection laws that differ from, and potentially provide less protection than, the applicable laws in your country of residence.
If there are external links to other websites on the Site, please note that SVS is not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites and hereby disclaims any liability or responsibility in connection with such linked websites.
SVS Contact Information
Society for Vascular Surgery
9400 W. Higgins Road, Suite 315
Rosemont, IL 60018-4975
Fax: (312) 334-2320
Additional Term & Conditions
Limitation of Liability. In no event shall SVS or its officers, directors, members, staff, or agents be liable for any damages of any kind, including, without limitation, any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages, whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages, and on any theory of liability whatsoever, arising out of, or in connection with, the use or performance of the Site or any content appearing on the Site.
Disclaimer. SVS makes no warranty, guaranty, or representation regarding the accuracy, content, completeness, reliability, operability, or legality of information contained within the Site, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and non-infringement of proprietary rights.
Choice of Law and Forum. These Terms & Conditions are entered into and performed in the State of Illinois, United States of America, and are governed by the laws of Illinois, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of laws provisions. In any claim or action directly or indirectly arising under these Terms & Conditions or related to VAM23 Registration site, each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state courts located in Cook County, Illinois, or the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, whichever has jurisdiction, and each party waives any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such court.
Complete Agreement. If any provision or provisions of these Terms & Conditions are held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction not to be enforceable, then such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms & Conditions shall otherwise remain in full force and effect. These Terms & Conditions supersede any other statements included elsewhere on the Site that are inconsistent or conflict with these Terms & Conditions.
Publicity Release. This event will be photographed and videotaped. By entering any of the VAM event premises, I consent to photography and video recording (including but limited to images, photographs, voice, or likeness) and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for promotion or any other purposes by SVS, SVS Foundation and its affiliates and representatives without compensation.
Errors/Omissions. SVS is not responsible for errors or omissions. Schedules, speakers, and program content are subject to change.
Refunds. Registration fees, social event tickets and course cancellation requests should be directed to SVS via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by Monday, May 8, 2023. Cancellations received by May 8 will receive a full refund, less a $50 administrative fee. Cancellations received after May 8, are non-refundable. All refunds will be processed after the meeting. In the event Show Management should find it necessary to cancel the 2023 Vascular Annual Meeting for any reason, its liability shall be limited to a full refund of the registration fee.