You are here
NEW TO VAM: Plenary Sessions Include Updates on Guidelines & Reporting Standards
Clinical Practice Guidelines and Reporting Standards are important tools as the SVS strives to improve quality of care and reduce variation. They also serve as an important benefit for SVS members.
Rather than a separate session as at previous VAMs, the Program Committee and the Document Oversight Committee (DOC) have included presentations on guidelines and reporting standards in the scientific sessions. Each presentation has been slotted to align with abstracts being presented at that particular session.
“These presentations provide an opportunity to highlight for SVS members the most important and practice-changing recommendations from particular guidelines and/or reporting standards,” said Matthew Eagleton, MD, chair of the SVS Program Committee.
DOC Chair Thomas Forbes, MD, urged members to attend, both to hear the latest information and to offer their own insights. “This is an opportunity to highlight some of the major new features of our various groups’ documents and inform the SVS membership about why they are important,” said Dr. Forbes. “Some of the presentations will be works in progress and offer the opportunity for SVS members to provide feedback.”
Each presentation – 10 minutes of presentation and 5 minutes for discussion – is slotted at the end of its respective session.
- S1 (William J. von Liebig Forum, 8:30 to 10 a.m.), Task Force: TCAR Credentialing, Brajesh Lal, MD, 9:46 a.m.
- S2 (1:30 to 3 p.m.), Clinical Practice Guidelines: Carotid (currently in development), Ali AbuRahma, MD, 2:46 p.m.
- S3 (3:30 to 5 p.m.), Reporting Standards: FEVAR, Gustavo Oderich, MD, 4:43 p.m. Friday
- S4 (8 to 9:30 a.m.), Clinical Practice Guidelines: Visceral Artery Aneurysm, Rabih Chaer, MD, 9:18 a.m.
- S6 (1:30 to 3 p.m.), Global Vascular Guidelines, Michael Conte, MD, 2:48 p.m.
- S7 (1:30 to 3 p.m.), (with The Society of Thoracic Surgeons) Reporting Standards: Type B Aortic Dissections, Joseph Lombardi, MD, 4:48 p.m.
- S8 (8 to 9:30 a.m.) Clinical Practice Guidelines: Arterial Procedure Follow-Up, R. Eugene Zierler, MD, 9:16 a.m.
In addition to updates, Jens Jorgensen will present an abstract on “Compliance with SVS Clinical Practice Guidelines on the Care of Patients with an (AAA) and Its Impact on Outcomes” at 8:52 a.m. Saturday, during session 8.
The abstract is based on a full presentation from 2018 at VQI@VAM.