You are here
2017 Vascular Annual Meeting Announcement
Innovation, inspiration, invigoration Specialists, allied professionals, find more to do at the 2017 Vascular Annual Meeting
May 31-June 3; Plenaries and Exhibits, June 1-3
San Diego, California
CHICAGO, Ill., May 8, 2017 – The 2017 Vascular Annual Meeting brings together the latest innovations, vascular theory and research, learning experiences and networking for thousands of vascular surgeons, specialists and allied professionals. The event, hosted by the Society for Vascular Surgery, will be at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, Calif., May 31 - June 3, (plenaries and exhibits run June 1-3).
“Every year our meeting grows in length and depth of offerings,” said program chair and vascular surgeon Dr. Ron Dalman. “We’ve added more joint sessions with other societies this year, more curated sessions and a re-vamped workshop format.”
In addition, the meeting has grown from four to four and a half days, when factoring in the related Vascular Quality Initiative’s (VQI) annual event. The VQI@VAM event starts the afternoon of Tuesday, May 30.
Highlights of this year’s annual meeting include:
- More sessions for clinicians and young surgeons. This year, the program guide has distinctly labeled well over 100 sessions of special interest to those starting their careers or in private practice. The program book labels them with a YS for young surgeons or a CP for clinical practitioners.
- Many more joint sessions with related specialties. Patient health is dependent on the ability of surgeons and related specialties to coordinate care and understand what each brings to the operating table. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to exchange ideas with a host of related specialty associations.
- A revised workshop format, featuring four, two-hour time slots offering repeating sessions that can be attended in any order. These small group sessions fill up quickly and attendees are encouraged to sign up early.
- International Day. As the international guest list continues to grow, more activities have been added to Wednesday’s International Program. The International Consortium of Vascular Registries kicks off the day at 8 a.m., followed by abstract presenters, the International Forum and the International Guest Reception.
- Additional Wednesday highlights: Postgraduate courses on a fascinating variety of topics are free for SVS members with payment of the full general registration fee and $300 for others; A full day of events for trainees, including a wildly popular simulation training session for scholarship winners.
- Business Luncheon. SVS and SVS Foundation Awards will be presented during the SVS Member Business Lunch, also on Saturday.
- VQI@VAM. The second year for this event will offer an extra half-day of programming. VQI&VAM has added a poster session and networking reception. The event focuses on case studies and best practices that provide VQI members with practical information for using registry data to initiate quality improvement projects and drive better patient outcomes. A separate registration fee is required.
- Exhibit Hall. One-on-one conversations with industry representatives in the Exhibit Hall give attendees a close look at the latest devices, products and services available to vascular health professionals. The Exhibit Hall is also the site for the opening reception, box lunches and coffee breaks.
- CME/MOC. The Society for Vascular Surgery designates this live activity for a maximum of 31.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Of the 31.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, 9.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ are counted toward MOC part 2. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Self-assessment credit will be offered for postgraduate courses, Friday and Saturday’s breakfast sessions, seven plenary sessions and the RPVI Exam Review Course. A link to the CME site will be included in the meeting’s mobile app, making it convenient to track and claim your credits. Learn more about education credits at VAM here.
- Unable to attend all the sessions you wanted? The On-Demand Library offers audio or video recordings and/or slides for more than 400 educational presentations. Cost is just $99 for those who sign up during registration. Post-meeting, the price is $199 for meeting attendees and $499 for those who did not attend.
- Alumni events and networking. Thursday, June 1 offers a long night of alumni receptions for many participating organizations. A great chance to catch up with old friends.
To register, visit: https://www.compusystems.com/servlet/AttendeeRegLoginServlet?evt_uid=559
The Society for Vascular Surgery® (SVS) is a 5,600-member, not-for-profit professional medical society, composed primarily of specialty-trained vascular surgeons, which seeks to advance excellence and innovation in vascular health through education, advocacy, research and public awareness.