- Participants must be able to effectively manage paravisceral aortic aneurysms with the available endovascular modalities available. They should also recognize that this is an emerging therapy with usage outside of the intended instructions for use (IFU) and long-term outcomes have yet to be clearly defined.
- Participants are expected to understand the indications and techniques of complex venous construction of the major abdominal venous structures. Moreover, various conduits are available and recognize the strengths and weakness of conduit choice.
- Participants are invited to understand the challenges facing the future of the vascular workforce related to demographic changes projected in the US populations and be conversant in the possible divisions of labor due to the shortage of Vascular surgeons will create in the coming decades.
- Participants will understand the indications for open aortic interventions for aortic occlusive disease with particular attention paid to unique anatomic features which lend to open surgery therapy.
- Participants will be able to recognize the diversity of endovascular therapies being offered patients for critical limb ischemia and discuss the possible reasons for the heterogeneity in current endovascular treatments.
Since its inception, our Society of talented vascular surgeons has set the example of a principled, progressive surgical community. Our upcoming meeting will be held in beautiful Coronado, California and Dr. Bianchi and I are looking forward to putting together an outstanding meeting.
Plan to join us as we open the conference with the Welcome Reception on Thursday evening, October 22, 2020. The Scientific Sessions will be held on Friday and Saturday. A casual banquet with entertainment will be held on Friday night for all registrants. The 38th Annual meeting will conclude with the SCVSS Member Business Meeting on Saturday morning, October 24.
Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa offers a perfect venue for our conference. With views of the San Diego skyline and Coronado Bridge, the hotel is ideally situated to provide
easy access post meeting to Coronado Beach and San Diego attractions, including the Gaslamp District and Balboa Park. Inside, guests can recharge in spacious, redesigned hotel rooms, suites and private cottages. The resort boasts three pools, a pickleball court, a newly renovated wellness center and a day spa, as well as delicious dining options. For SCVSS meeting events on Coronado Island, you’ll appreciate the nearly 45,000 square feet of upscale hotel venues, from ballrooms to boardrooms. We look forward to welcoming you to Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa.
Group room block has been arranged and the rate of $249. This rate is only available until September 19, 2020. All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. The resort fee is available for $30.00 for those who wish to use bicycles, boogie boards or attend fitness classes on property. The spa onsite is offering a 20% discount to all our attendees and their guests.
JUAN CARLOS JIMENEZ, MD, MBA, FACS
KAREN WOO, MD
THEODORE TERUYA MD
JASON T. CHIRIANO, MD
DAVID A. RIGBERG, MD
ANDREW BARLEBEN, MD
Membership Committee Chair AFSHIN MICHAEL MOLKARA, MD
Councilor At-Large CHRISTIAN J. OCHOA, MD
Councilor At-Large SCOTT MUSICANT, MD
Councilor At-Large NII- KABU KABUTEY, MD
2020 Program Committee Chair CHRISTIAN BIANCHI, MD
Please direct questions to our offices: 360-420-6906