You are here
Education and MOC
Vascular Annual Meeting (VAM)
The Vascular Annual Meeting offers continuing medical education (CME) and self assessment credits. For more information on the Vascular Annual Meeting, visit our meetings page.
Vascular Research Initiative Conference (VRIC)
The Vascular Research Initiative Conference (VRIC) is considered a key annual event for meeting and reconnecting with vascular research collaborators. VRIC offers continuing medical education (CME). For more information on VRIC, visit our meetings page.
The Journal of Vascular Surgery (JVS)
One AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ can be obtained by successfully answering questions about one article from each issue of the Journal of Vascular Surgery® (JVS). Each article is selected by the Editors because they contain information relevant to vascular surgery practice. Access to continuing medical education (CME) questions is free and open to the public. After successfully answering the questions, JVS subscribers can print a CME certification at no cost.
For non-subscribers, there is a US$10 fee per examination to receive a certificate of completion.
CME exams can be accessed at http://www.jvascsurg.org/cme/home
Rutherford's Vascular Surgery, 9th Edition
Definitive. Encyclopedic. Respected.
The 9th edition of Rutherford’s Vascular Surgery offers authoritative guidance from the most respected global thought leaders and science experts in the diagnosis and treatment of circulatory disease. The result is a definitive medical reference for a range of medical professionals, including vascular surgeons, interventionalists and vascular medicine specialists.
In addition to sections on basic science, vascular imaging, and more, some key features of this addition include:
- Incorporation of medical, endovascular and surgical treatment, as well as diagnostic techniques, decision making and fundamental vascular biology
- Non-invasive evaluation of both the morphology and hemodynamics of the vascular system
- Unparalleled insight from multidisciplinary leaders worldwide, who share their expertise on the most appropriate contemporary and future treatment of circulatory disease
- Full color layout, images and online video to view clinical findings, physical findings and operative techniques more vividly
- 35 new chapters for a total of 200 chapters in 31 sections and more than 2,500 pages
Anton N Sidawy, Professor of Surgery
The George Washington University Hospital, Washington DC
Bruce A. Perler, Professor of Surgery
The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland
The e-book includes search, rich media and social and community features. Physicians can interact with content through enhanced multimedia features, self-assessment questions, references, abstracts, and procedural videos. They can also share notes and insights with other Expert Consult users.
Rutherford’s offers physicians the opportunity to access content from an iPhone, iPad, PC, or Mac.