You are here
Develop My Training Career
The Society is dedicated to recruiting medical students and general surgery residents to the specialty to ensure the best young medical professionals become vascular surgeons, as well as supporting vascular residents and fellows throughout their training.
Resources provided in this section will help aspiring vascular surgery trainees explore the field and become involved in the vascular surgery community.
Vascular Annual Meeting Fellow/Resident/Student Activities
Each year, SVS offers a robust fellow/resident/student educational and networking program at the Vascular Annual Meeting. The overarching goal of the program is to allow residents and students to explore their interest in vascular surgery. Click here for more details.
- Become a SVS Medical Student Candidate Member
- View Vascular Surgery 101 [PDF]
presentation given by a program director at the 2013 Vascular Annual Meeting as part of the Medical Student Educational Program
- View How to Maximize Your Vascular Surgery Educational and Networking Opportunities [PDF]
presentation given by a medical student at the 2013 Vascular Annual Meeting as part of the Medical Student Educational Program
- Join or establish a Vascular Surgery Interest Group (V-SIG)
- NEW! Access the SVS Toolkit: 10 Steps to Preparing a Successful Vsacular Surgery Integrated (0+5) Residency Application [PDF]
- Browse Common Abbreviations in Vascular Surgery
- Explore Basic Surgical Knot Tying Online Resources
General Surgery Residents
- Become a SVS General Surgery Resident Candidate Membership
- Access the SVS Toolkit: 10 Key Steps to Preparing a Successful Vascular Surgery Fellowship Application [PDF]