You are here
Develop My Training Career
The Society is dedicated to recruiting medical students and general surgery residents to the specialty to ensure the best young medical professionals become vascular surgeons, as well as supporting vascular residents and fellows throughout their training. Resources provided in this section will help aspiring and current vascular surgery trainees make career decisions and provide the support they need to complete training.
Vascular Annual Meeting Fellow/Resident/Student Activities
Each year, SVS offers a robust fellow/resident/student educational and networking program at the Vascular Annual Meeting. The overarching goal of the program is to allow residents and students to explore their interest in vascular surgery. Click here for more details.
- SVS Medical Student Candidate Membership
- View the Vascular Surgery 101 presentation given by a program director at the 2013 Vascular Annual Meeting as part of the Medical Student Educational Program
- View the How to Maximize Your Vascular Surgery Educational and Networking Opportunities presentation given by a medical student at the 2013 Vascular Annual Meeting as part of the Medical Student Educational Program
- Vascular Surgery Interest Group (V-SIG) Toolkit
- Common Abbreviations in Vascular Surgery
- Basic Surgical Knot Tying Online Resources
General Surgery Residents
- SVS General Surgery Resident Candidate Membership
- General Surgery Qualifying Exam and ABSITE
- SVS Toolkit: 10 Key Steps to Preparing a Successful Vascular Surgery Fellowship Application