You are here
Excellence in Community Service Award
Submission deadline: Closed
The Society for Vascular Surgery® (SVS) Excellence in Community Service Award is an honor the SVS bestows on a member who has exhibited outstanding leadership within their community as a practicing vascular surgeon. Selection for this honor recognizes an individual’s sustained contributions to patients and their community, as well as exemplary professional practice and leadership.
Nominees for the SVS Excellence in Community Service Award should be individuals who have exhibited outstanding leadership within their community as a practicing vascular surgeon and who possess exceptional personal integrity and reflect the highest standards of the profession. Requirements to be considered in evaluating nominees include:
- Minimum of 20 years as a practicing vascular surgeon
- Minimum of 5 years as SVS member
- Evidence of impact on vascular care or community health, such as:
- Leadership in a community-based practice
- Implementation of services or innovations to advance community health
- Partnerships or collaborations with organizations in the community
- Contributions that elevate the stature of the specialty of vascular surgery in the community
Any SVS member may nominate a candidate for the award by submitting a Nomination Form and supporting documentation. Self-nominations are also accepted.
The following materials (In PDF format) are due February 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nomination Form
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae (abbreviated CV (i.e. 3 pages) or full CV is acceptable)
- Description of the nominee’s significant work and impact in a community practice setting (1 page)
- 3 letters of recommendation. One recommendation letter must be from an SVS member.
Award Selection Process
Nominations will be reviewed by the SVS Community Practice Committee, who will determine the award recipient. Although a call for nominations will be made annually, the award may not be awarded each year. The award will be presented to the recipient during the SVS Vascular Annual Meeting.
For questions, email email@example.com or telephone 800-258-7188
Joseph Anain, Sr., MD
Carlo Dall'Olmo, MD
Richard Lynn, MD