You are here
VISTA Program Pilot Projects
Submission deadline: To be announced
SVS Foundation Vascular Volunteers In Service To All (VISTA) Pilot Project grants support initiatives that emphasize patient education, risk assessment and advance awareness of vascular health and focus on bringing vascular care to areas of need, especially underserved populations. Projects provide outreach, screening and other resources to patients who are impacted by lack of access, inadequate resources, or distance from modern health care facilities.
The amount of funding awarded will be based on the scope of the pilot project proposed. The grant does not support office construction or clinic enhancement projects, practice marketing initiatives, overhead expenses, indirect costs or major equipment.
The vascular surgeon applicant must be an SVS Active Member. Candidate members, trainees, fellows and residents are not eligible.
SVS Foundation is invested in a process that assures diversity, equity and inclusion for our award and scholarship opportunities. We encourage enthusiastic, eligible applicants from all aspects of gender, sexual orientation, and ethnicity to apply.
When an application deadline is announced, the following materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Curriculum Vitae for lead project physician
- Physician statement outlining his/her practice setting and connection to the community, including previous experience with community-based service projects (1 page)
- Project Description (3-5 pages) including:
- goals and objectives, significance/relevance, innovation, community to be served, timeline
- methods to measure project success and attainment of goals and objectives
- Budget (1 page)
- Description of each activity and expense funded by the grant
- Other funding available to support project
- Name of recipient organization to receive award funds
Letter(s) of support from institutional leadership, community partners or collaborators
Applications will be reviewed by the Pilot Projects Subcommittee appointed by the SVS Foundation Board of Directors.
At the completion of the project, the awardee must submit a report to the SVS Foundation.The report criteria will be provided to the awardee at a later date.
Publicity and Acknowledgement of Award
The SVS Foundation may include information about the funded project in promotional materials. Support from the SVS Foundation must be acknowledged in all materials or publications developed by the awardee.
For questions, email email@example.com or telephone 1-800-258-7188.