You are here
Vascular Research Awards and Activities
The SVS® Foundation, the Society for Vascular Surgery's philanthropic foundation, is committed to the public’s vascular health. It accomplishes this by funding basic, translational and clinical research, community outreach through members in community practice, and prevention and awareness through patient education.
The SVS Foundation’s mission is: To optimize the vascular health and well-being of patients and the public through support of research that leads to discovery of knowledge and innovative strategies, as well as education and programs, to prevent and treat circulatory disease.
Contributions and unrestricted donations fund research and community outreach including:
- Clinical research seed grants that provide direct support for pilot clinical projects which have potential to grow into larger studies fundable by industry or governmental sources.
- Partner grants, the SVS Mentored Research Career Development Awards Program provides supplemental funding to vascular surgeon-scientists who have been awarded one of the following awards: NIH Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (K08), NIH Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award (K23), NHLBI Mentored Research Scientist Career Development Award (NIH Parent K01), NHLBI Mentored Research Scientist Career Development Award to Promote Faculty Diversity in Biomedical Research (NIH Diversity K01), AHRQ Mentored Clinical Scientist Research Career Development Award (AHRQ K08).
- Medical student and resident awards that stimulate development of research skills and exploration of investigative careers.
- Community health initiatives focusing on the SVS Foundation’s mission in disease prevention, patient education and public awareness.
- A travel fellowship to stimulate academic inspiration, promote international exchange and foster development of fellowship in vascular surgery.