You are here
SVS Vascular Surgery Trainee Candidate Membership
Please note: All current vascular surgery trainees (including first year vascular fellows and PGY1 integrated vascular residents) in ACGME and Canadian accredited training programs are automatically enrolled as Candidate members. Membership notifications were sent to new trainees in Fall 2016. Please email StudentResident@VascularSociety.org to confirm your membership status.
This membership provides a platform for vascular surgery trainees to gain access to valuable career resources and helps foster a community of like-minded, professional peers.
As a SVS Vascular Surgery Trainee Candidate Member, you will be able to gain valuable contacts in the specialty, engage in several leadership opportunities, as well as help improve SVS' activities for other trainees. The full spectrum of benefits includes:
- Access to an online community of vascular surgery trainees
- Opportunity to network with vascular health leaders via events and mentorship opportunities
- Gain leadership opportunities and make a difference as a member of an SVS or APDVS Committee
- Opportunity to participate in a dedicated task force as part of the SVS Resident and Student Outreach Committee, which provides for several vascular surgery trainees to be directly involved in current and future educational programming and activities (i.e., Vascular Annual Meeting programming for vascular surgery trainees, online resources, etc.).
- Promote engagement in the Society via increased level of participation in SVS activities
- Receive a complimentary subscription to the Journal of Vascular Surgery while enrolled in a vascular surgery training program (excludes incoming fellows and residents)
- Receive various SVS e-communications:
- Annual dues are waived while in a training program
- Receive discounts on books, products and courses (i.e. VESAP3) offered by the Society
Eligibility and acceptance
Trainees who are currently accepted to or enrolled in accredited vascular surgery residency training programs in the United States or Canada automatically become SVS Vascular Surgery Trainee Candidate Members. Annual dues are waived and it is not necessary to complete an application.
The Association of Program Directors in Vascular Surgery (APDVS) and Canadian accredited vascular surgery residency training programs are asked to provide their vascular trainees’ information annually in July. Trainees are then automatically enrolled into Candidate membership within SVS. Once enrolled, new member materials, including access to the members only site, will be sent to each Vascular Surgery Trainee Candidate member’s institutional email address.
The term of Vascular Surgery Trainee Candidate Members shall be limited to a maximum of three years after completion of their vascular residency program or subsequent continuous academic or clinical training, after which they are encouraged to apply for Active membership. This membership category is referred to as Graduate Candidate membership.