- Affiliation with the largest professional association in the world representing vascular surgeons
- Network of prestigious physicians and educators dedicated to furthering the recognition and image of vascular surgeons
- The prestige of using the SVS member logo
- Opportunities to serve on volunteer committees and councils
- Professional government affairs staff working on your behalf to affect federal legislative and regulatory processes directly related to your practice and patients
- Advocacy support with a convenient, online method to communicate with federal government officials
- Discounted registration for:
- Vascular Annual Meeting
- Vascular Research Initiatives Conference
- Other CME accredited educational seminars on coding, reimbursement, and emerging new technologies
- Active, associate, international, and candidate members (excluding general surgery resident and medical student candidate members) receive a complimentary monthly subscription to the Journal of Vascular Surgery, with online access to full-text research and reports from each issue. Affiliate and senior members may purchase a subscription at a reduced rate.
- United States and Canadian members (excluding general surgery resident and medical student candidate members) receive a paper subscription to Vascular Specialist. Electronic issues are also available.
- Our e-newsletter, SVS Pulse, offers current vascular-related information.
- This SVS website, which contains valuable resources for you and your patients including: patient education articles on vascular diseases and treatments, up-to-date information on clinical trials, research opportunities, and current medical news
- Find a Specialist, an online physician referral service, available to Active members
- Access to branding initiatives to develop your practice including: free downloadable patient educational materials, press releases and interview guidelines for media promotion
- An annual research grant program providing awards to vascular surgeons active in basic, clinical and translational research
- An annual grant program for medical students, vascular surgery residents, and fellows
- Online access to job listings in vascular surgery throughout the country